Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with vacuum pump relocation issue

Old 11-08-2015, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with vacuum pump relocation issue

I am getting ready to purchase and install an OR-Fab bumper. I have to do the vacuum pump relocation. I am also installing the S-Pod, as the Daystar switch panel I purchased warped in the summer heat and won't stay in place. The S-pod mounts where the OR-Fab Relocation bracket goes. The Teraflex relocation kit mounts to the brake booster, but my synergy air compressor mount is already there. I don't know what to do with the vacuum pump now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know with JCR bumpers, their bracket simply rotates the vacuum pump in place to make everything fit. I'm not sure if that would work with the Or-Fab bumper but it might be worth looking into.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scrota76
I am getting ready to purchase and install an OR-Fab bumper. I have to do the vacuum pump relocation. I am also installing the S-Pod, as the Daystar switch panel I purchased warped in the summer heat and won't stay in place. The S-pod mounts where the OR-Fab Relocation bracket goes. The Teraflex relocation kit mounts to the brake booster, but my synergy air compressor mount is already there. I don't know what to do with the vacuum pump now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately, no. I have the OR-Fab vacuum pump relocation bracket and the Synergy AC bracket but doing the DIY SPOD.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Evo mfg. has one that mounts at the same location as your front sway bar. I have an OR fab and am going to switch to Evo so I can mount an arb twin there...

Last edited by castlerockjeep; 11-09-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1731683721.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	629621

I made my own mount where the horn was. I made a mount, and out dual horns behind the grill. This will only work with a manual, because the trans cooler gets in the way of the horn on an automatic.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thank you

Thank you for all your help. I looked into the jcr and evo as well as rock hard. I will be going with the Evo relocation kit. According to OR Fab either the Evo or Rock Hard kits will work just fine. Again, thank you, your help was much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Help with vacuum pump relocation issue