Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP!! Traction Control light flashes!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HIJK
I did install my self and the steering wheel is off center. About to get alignment done. Hopefully that helps. Thanks for the input.
this is the reason for the problem... check out the project-jk webpage... you can recenter your wheel easily... the aev has a mode to help.

It is the steering wheel diagnostics or something... park with your wheels straight (wheels not steering wheel) and have someone sit in the drivers seat. Plug in the AEV with the diag mode. It will show either the left or right indicator to show you how far you off.

Climb under your jeep and unbolt the two bolts locking the turn buckle... its way up there behind the plastic air dam skid thing. Rotate that and have your friend tell you if the steering wheel is getting better or worse. If its getting worse, start rotating it the other direction, If its getting better then keep going until your friend tells you the blue high beam light comes on and stop there. Then tightnen up and you are done.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMiAkgY8m8
Old 08-11-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the input! I went up to the dealership I used to work at and they let align my rig myself. Centering the wheel is what fixed the problem! Now to get it dirty!

Here is the rig as it sits now!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4111067208.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	352930   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2509412092.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	352931  

Quick Reply: HELP!! Traction Control light flashes!