Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help! Total noob here. Questions about my used JK

Old 08-15-2011, 11:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You also have front and rear adjustable track bars.

Your rear sway bar link looks stock too, usually that gets changed out to a longer or adjustable one when you add the lift.

Lastly, it looks like you didn't get the K13 recall on the front inner fenders rubbing the brake lines. The fix is a new bolt to hold the fender in and to hack up the bottom of the inner fenders. If there was any wear on the brake lines they replace them. The recall is for all jeeps built up to August 2009.

Last edited by remark; 08-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf

And if that pic with the muddy stickers is current, my little nephew pointed you out to me a few days ago. He thought it was real mud, then called you a name when I told him it was just stickers.
Ahhh would that be the Hawaiian Island sticker in the second picture?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Willie Pete 505
thanks for your input as well! i've heard about the quick disconnects but entirely sure what they do. from what i'm told, you take them off before you go on a trail. is this to provide more flex? please let me know if i'm wrong. thanks!
If you need more flex, you can disconnect the front sway bar and stow it safely out of the way. This gives the front axle quite a bit more room to move. The rear axle anti-swaybar is so small that it doesn't significantly limit flex, so very few folks bother to disconnect it. Quick disconnects replace the stock links so that you can disconnect the anti-swaybar with a couple push pins and no tools. Rubis, BTW, have an electronic quick disconnect.

As for the rear anti-swaybar links that someone mentioned: Most coil spring lifts come with replacement links for the rear axle so that anti-swaybar can be in a more effective position to operate (the ends of it generally parallel to the ground at normal ride height). You can then take the rear links and move them to the front for the same reason--BUT, moving the rear ones up is not necessary if you already have quick disconnects for the lift height. Again, proper angle for the anti-swaybar is with it parallel to the ground.

BTW: I agree that those are Rough Country RC 2.2 shocks--I used to own a set. Keep an eye on them. Mine started leaking pretty quickly--but that was three years ago. RC has a reputation of being good about replacing them, but I ended up installing Teraflex instead.

Quick Reply: Help! Total noob here. Questions about my used JK