Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with Teraflex Lower Control Arm Noise after install

Old 09-27-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Teraflex Lower Control Arm Noise after install

Thanks for looking and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I installed my front lower control arms on my 07 Unlimited today and now have a very large clanking noise (more like cla-clunk) from the drivers side when i am going over bumps. The noise is much more noticeable at speed and was happening again and again on the highway during my drive home.

I set the arms to 23 1/4in and have the gold side to the axle. Everything was torqued down to 125ft/lbs and when i crawled under the jeep was not able to physically move anything myself that would be the obvious culprit.

Was i suposed to use the factory bolts for the reinstall? I assume i was but could the issue be that there is play between the CA and the factory bolts? I really am at a loss.

thanks in advance..
Old 09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you torque to 125 ft lbs?
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure those jam nuts are tight. Mine came loose once and were rattling around.

Quick Reply: Help with Teraflex Lower Control Arm Noise after install