Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help- Teraflex HD carrier/hinge vs ACE bumper/carrier vs. Teraflex w/ stock carrier

Old 10-31-2015, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zimm17
i purchased the Teraflex HD hinge and carrier, it's sitting in the garage. Then I read and saw pics of the carriers breaking. I got nervous and ordered an ACE rear bumper/carrier. It's due on Thursday. Now I'm on the fence about which one to use. I'm concerned the ACE will be too heavy for street use and put the 35" so high I can't see out the back.

I'm going to eat about $80 in shipping to send the teraflex back. I probably can't afford to return the ACE bumper if I decide I don't want that.

Arrrrg, what to do.
Lol duh should have researched more first..... They fixed the weld problem on the previous TF carriers ..... New version should be good
Old 11-07-2015, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know if you want to sell whichever one you don't want locally.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Ace Bumper Tire carrier. It's real nice. It is heavy but very well made with integrated led lights which really light behind you. Absolutely, no rattle or movement at all. N
Old 11-07-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolhand129
I have the Ace Bumper Tire carrier. It's real nice. It is heavy but very well made with integrated led lights which really light behind you. Absolutely, no rattle or movement at all. N
X 2 You wont be disappointed In the ACE. I have it with the tire carrier.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jugast
Let me know if you want to sell whichever one you don't want locally.
I'm installing the ace, so the teraflex is for sale. Along with my cut down 3rd brake light too.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

I've been on that other forum. Some of the information is good some of it seems like sheeple information.

I just don't understand it. Wheeling isn't my only hobby; my wife and I enjoy Harley's as well. There's people out there that must have infinity dollars for mods with the bullshit I read. If you don't buy a 2,000 tire carrier you may as well not even buy one. I have no problems with my teraflex & I can keep the stock rear
Old 11-07-2015, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zimm17
I'm installing the ace, so the teraflex is for sale. Along with my cut down 3rd brake light too.
how much you getting rid of it
Old 11-07-2015, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

dont know why anyone would hate on a great company like teraflex. customer service and products are just on point. some people have loyalty and thats fine. just like with any premium product theres gunna be that 2% percent out of lets say 10,000 that will be defective and its damn right annyoing when it happens to you. but if the company cares about its customers like teraflex they will totally replace and help you out
Old 11-08-2015, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LifeAsRob
how much you getting rid of it
Considering it's a week old and I'm including the 3rd brake light- Is $650 fair?
Old 11-08-2015, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

ORWJK on this forum has them for less than $600 shipped new. Sucks if you paid more.

Quick Reply: Help- Teraflex HD carrier/hinge vs ACE bumper/carrier vs. Teraflex w/ stock carrier