Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help: Sway Bar issue

Old 03-20-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Sway Bar issue

I've had this problem since I put my lift in. Today, I installed an adjustable trackbar to center the front axle. I also installed JKS Quick Disconnects. The problem that I have is that the driver-side of the sway-bar is pretty close to touching the spring while there is a significant gap on the passenger side. I would've thought this would go away after centering the axle. Take a look at photos to see what I mean.

So, I'm looking for some assistance as to why this is happening and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Driver side:

Passenger side:
Old 03-20-2010, 12:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

If your axle is in-fact centered, then maybe you just need to pull the sway bar over and center it.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
If your axle is in-fact centered, then maybe you just need to pull the sway bar over and center it.
X2. My thoughts also.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging by your passenger side it appears that the coil on that side is bowed towards the back. I can't tell on driver's side, but is the coil bowed towards the front?

Are the coils rotated on their base so they seat properly?
Old 03-20-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but the springs are sitting in their perch. The sway bar appears to be centered as well as there is about the same amount of sway-bar sticking out on each side.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you how much longer the stock you ajusted your CAs?

Is the driver's coil bowed forward?

If you had this problem from the beginning, it is very possible the coils have a problem. They should have flat coils on top and bottom and the be wound perfectly straigth around the center axis.

A problem with either can lead to bowing.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

I'll take a look in the morning at the coils and try to take some better pictures. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Quick Reply: Help: Sway Bar issue