Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with suspension and articulation.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with suspension and articulation.

Went to go and get some spacer put on to level my droop after my rough country lift.. The mechanic said that my ball joints aren't in line vertically and I may need to adjust my pinion angle/and or adjust my control arms to accommodate the fix.
Does this sound right and do they need to be lined up vertically?

Also. My up travel seems to be very minimal. I'm running fox ipf shocks for 4-6" of life with Evo plush ride coils. My front sway bar end links are like 11" maybe. And I think I could go a little more + on the angle as they are a hair in the - and not parallel. The rear has the same shock/spring setup and the rear sway links are like 8". Very very short! They rub the upper control arm mounts on each side because the sway bar is greatly in the negative..

Just wanting some friendly advice to see what I can fix or change to gain some better knowledge and trail ability. If I were to wheel hard now I would either bend the sway bar or links. Damage my control arm mount to the point where i would have to bend out the mount to fix it. I would still be limited to a small amount of wheel travel limiting my ability to do certain things.

Quick Reply: Help with suspension and articulation.