Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with Superchips 3872

Old 11-02-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Superchips 3872

First off called Superchips Tech and he was totally useless.

Having trouble downloading the "Spark" on my computer, I have windows 8, I see the "setup" file and when I click it the program seems to run but I do not get any desktop Icon and any program. Firewall? how do I remove?

I was able to program my jeep as far as what temp the fan comes on and it shows it is programmed but the fan still turns on around 224 degrees (stock settings). Something else, I drove it for a few miles and the TPMS never went off, I am running 32 psi and this surely should have tripped the alarm.

I actually just bought two of these because I have a TJ and I could not program it for 31" tires. After $600+ I am very frustrated. Please help.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

I found the technicians to be very helpful even after I had bricked mine because I let a dealer try to diagnose my bad clockspring while my jeep still had the tune on it. Make sure you go back to stock before letting a dealer touch your jeep. Anyhow... I downloaded that spark program on my wife's laptop. I'll check to see where it was put or showed up when I get home from work. After you register and update your tuner, they will be very helpful. Maybe running the setup file as an administrator... I'll update this post tonight with where I found the program.

Found it using the search window after clicking on the Windows icon, it was listed as an application.
The folder is... C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Powerteq\Superchips

I seem to remember having to try downloading it more than once before i could open it. Definitely right click the file you did find and run as an administrator.

Last edited by thechad07; 11-02-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, when I talked to Tech he just kept saying "it should" and "nobody else has this problem".

I'm hoping to update the programmer and all my problems go away.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mschneid
Thanks, when I talked to Tech he just kept saying "it should" and "nobody else has this problem". I'm hoping to update the programmer and all my problems go away.
I believe what you have to do is completely disable any type of anti-virus program you have on your computer and then download/run the spark program. Even if it's not an aftermarket software and was just whatever came loaded onto your computer. I had a similar problem when trying to open and run the spark application.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know anything about this particular program, but I do know that some programs won't fully install or run properly if the installation is not run with administrative privileges. What I would suggest is making sure your windows account is an administrative account, then when you run the installation program, instead of double-clicking it, right-click it and select "run as administrator".
Old 11-03-2015, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was able to download it at work (also Windows 8) and put it on a thumb drive. Hopefully when I get home it will download from the thumb drive.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had to use my neighbors computer.

Now, can someone help me with the TPMS download or how to find it? It says something about the website store but I can't find it.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Now, can someone help me with the TPMS download or how to find it? It says something about the website store but I can't find it.
If it doesn't show up in spark as a download, call them again. Took about two weeks, going through Ron and 5 different 'techs', with two having no clue whatsoever, two telling me that they no longer support any tpms changes for JK's. The final guy actually had a clue, and said that it is just threshold lowering that is no longer supported. He emailed a form for me to sign and send back, then pushed an update straight to my flashcal - and I could finally turn the light off. Good luck...
Old 11-04-2015, 02:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

After it upgraded both of my tuners, it had 3 things from the web store; TPMS, VIN decoder?, and VIN unlock. The TPMS and decoder where free and the VIN unlock was $100. There was no where to select any but at the bottom there was a "Purchase" and "clear" button. I could click on the clear button but the purchase buton wasn't highlighted.

Why does everything that should be easy so complicated?
Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After it upgraded both of my tuners, it had 3 things from the web store; TPMS, VIN decoder?, and VIN unlock. The TPMS and decoder where free and the VIN unlock was $100. There was no where to select any but at the bottom there was a "Purchase" and "clear" button. I could click on the clear button but the purchase buton wasn't highlighted.

Why does everything that should be easy so complicated?

EDIT...Just saw it wasn't highlighted...I still was able to click as I remember it not being highlighted. /ENDEDIT!

Click Purchase for the free items. It seems weird but do it. I actually did it last weekend because I purchased new wheels and figured I'd forget about the TPMS.

The updating is pretty flaky. We have Macs in the house and I didn't realize Mac wasn't supported sooo...I had to steal my daughters Win 8 laptop to download it there. I want to say that I see a desktop icon when I go to it.

Anyway...If you click purchase, then it should install it on the tuner. Then you'll just add it in the advanced portion of the tuner.

One note I don't like about the TMPS thing...if you have the EVIC, it still shows, "Check TMPS sensor" even though the tuner "fixes" this. What it does is take away the ding and the little TMPS icon. But the EVIC still shows to check...pretty weak but whatever...As long as I don't constantly get a ding!

Quick Reply: Help with Superchips 3872