Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with Superchips

Old 01-01-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Superchips

Hello everyone. I got my Flashpaq a couple days ago and have been having a heck of a time getting it to work.

When I install the software, and attempt to update it I get the following message.

"Sorry but the application cannot connect to the internet. Please check your connection and/or Firewall settings."

The funny thing is that I have completely removed all virus software, disabled windows native stuff, and opened up my router. Even bypassed the router and went straight to my cable modem. Uninstalled and reinstalled the software 4 times. Nothing is working.

Anyone have any idea's?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried installing on your jk without doing the update?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even witha bypassed router and all? What is your computer? Have you restarted with router bypassed?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had to program the jeep before I could check for upgrades.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just got it so update by using my old laptop that has no battery and is super slow. I will try again with the current computer after I install it. Going to go do that now!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

i had the same problem, i restarted my computer and it worked. How did the tune go? did you get the HOT OIL warning??

which tune did you choose?

I got a flashpaq for xmas and it has been truly amazing.. One thing i experimented with was the Mileage tune and do not do that, it makes it sluggish and the gas mileage is no different from the 87 tune. Except i feel the 87 tune is much quicker on the pedal.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the 87 tune and changed TPMS and tire size. I have only driven it a couple miles since, but it did seem much better!

Quick Reply: Help with Superchips