Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with spacers and lift ???

Old 06-02-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with spacers and lift ???

So I have a 4 inch lift on right now and have the LOD bumper on the rear with tire carrier. As most know bumper is pretty heavy so it lowered a bit of my jeep of course. So my question is I wanted to put 1.5 inches more in front with spacers and 2 in the back. Can I do that? Also would I have to change my shocks out that came with my 4 inch lift then?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Jedi

Yes you can add spacers, but thats where I disagree with the prior post you will need longer shocks. i know that bumper did not lower your jeep 2 inches. so with 4 plus 2 your going to need shocks.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I based my answer on thinking that from his profile that his jeep is on road most of the time and would be a waste of money to swap out the shocks. If for some reason you are a hard core off roader with that profile then you might want some longer shocks, but you could do a full flex test to be sure.
still wouldnt fit sorry
Old 06-02-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You could also add some axle straps to limit the travel. Still much cheaper then a set of shocks.
Brother he has a 4 in lift put on a bumper ( i have the same one) when we installed mine the droop was a whole 5/8" so he wants to go to a 6 " lift. He needs new shocks.

If you cant afford to build it right save the money to do it. the cool factor is not worth it.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Shock length isn't the only consideration. Are your brake lines long enough? Adj links on both ends to keep the swaybars level? Adj ca's to set the caster? (guessing that your Cams won't adjust any further?) Adj trackbars to recenter both axles? (you have a bracket in the rear?) Money for new driveshafts? (and rear upper arms for the new rear shaft)
Old 06-02-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Shock length isn't the only consideration. Are your brake lines long enough? Adj links on both ends to keep the swaybars level? Adj ca's to set the caster? (guessing that your Cams won't adjust any further?) Adj trackbars to recenter both axles? (you have a bracket in the rear?) Money for new driveshafts? (and rear upper arms for the new rear shaft)
Your exactly right I should of caught this.... but i was not thinking.

Quick Reply: Help with spacers and lift ???