Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with shocks and lift

Old 08-09-2020, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with shocks and lift

Hello everyone, So I bough my 2009 JK about 8 months ago and one of the things they recommend I replace down the line are the shocks. So I was looking at picking up the fox 2.0 front and rear shocks. When checking to see what lift was on my Jeep I noticed it is a skyjacker 2.5 inch lift. I have read terrible reviews on this lift.

So my question is should I get the fox shocks now and replace the lift with something like the teraflex lift later or should I get the teraflex lift that comes bundled with the 9550 shocks? Or is there something else you guys would recommend.

​​​​

​​​​​
Old 08-10-2020, 06:20 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Moving to the Teraflex is hardly an upgrade. The 9550 shocks are not a great shock to go with, they are for the "budget" mined folks like the Skyjacker, Rough Country, Zone, BDS, Rubicon Express.
Look at Metal Cloak, Synergy, Clayton, Currie, OME, JKS.
The following users liked this post:
Mitch303 (08-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You would be going from the frying pan Into the flames.....What The Dirtman wrote !!!
Mitch303 (08-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 09:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Outside of better shocks giving you a different ride, is there something about the jeep that is not fulfilling your current purpose? Are you going out wheeling that thing, or just driving it to work and the grocery store? None of us would say that SkyJacker makes a great lift for the JK if you were looking to purchase a lift, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not adequate for you since it's already on there. Your jeep isn't going to just disintegrate.
Mitch303 (08-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Outside of better shocks giving you a different ride, is there something about the jeep that is not fulfilling your current purpose? Are you going out wheeling that thing, or just driving it to work and the grocery store? None of us would say that SkyJacker makes a great lift for the JK if you were looking to purchase a lift, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not adequate for you since it's already on there. Your jeep isn't going to just disintegrate.
Probably just going to replace the shocks since they need to be replaced and keep there lift for now and upgrade later. Thanks for the reply.
​​​​​
Old 08-10-2020, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Probably just going to replace the shocks side they need to be replaced and keep the lift for now and upgrade later. Thanks for the help everyone.

Quick Reply: Help with shocks and lift