Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help: shift schedule: auto tranny

Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your right tire size and gear ratio change the stock mph shift point at TP% bumpers don't have an impact on shift points but does on weight... Besides that I am running TeraFlex front and mopar rear bumpers, 33's and 538's... But that really is irrelevant, I discovered through research that if you find someone that has improved the stock shift points to meet a set of goals, you can use their "percentage over stock mph" to change any similar year auto shift points regardless of gears or tire size! Essentially will get similar performance with your set up!

My goals were to:
Have 1,2,3 up shifts between 2k and 3k rpms, hold gear longer up all inclines , when needed to be able to downshift with less pedal pressure I.e. down shift at lower tp%, last to keep the trans at an appropriate gear for all speeds. As we know our auto's shift at awkward times and really lugs the motor at low speeds in higher gears... I really like my shift patterns, the jeep is a real driver again... Let me know if I can help.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cats&Jeeps
Your right tire size and gear ratio change the stock mph shift point at TP% bumpers don't have an impact on shift points but does on weight... Besides that I am running TeraFlex front and mopar rear bumpers, 33's and 538's... But that really is irrelevant, I discovered through research that if you find someone that has improved the stock shift points to meet a set of goals, you can use their "percentage over stock mph" to change any similar year auto shift points regardless of gears or tire size! Essentially will get similar performance with your set up!

My goals were to:
Have 1,2,3 up shifts between 2k and 3k rpms, hold gear longer up all inclines , when needed to be able to downshift with less pedal pressure I.e. down shift at lower tp%, last to keep the trans at an appropriate gear for all speeds. As we know our auto's shift at awkward times and really lugs the motor at low speeds in higher gears... I really like my shift patterns, the jeep is a real driver again... Let me know if I can help.
That's about where my goal is too. I running 35's, 2.5 lift, 4:10 and a bumper/winch. Sometimes it hits 5.5k RPM's and it's like..... Wtf?!?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by johncantello
I've PM'd JPop (the most prominent threader on this subject) and he responded quickly but has been radio silent for about a week. He helped me to get this far and now I'm ready to reprogram. Hope he is ok. He seems to be very knowledgeable about this stuff and I hope he is just enjoying some R&R.
Not sure where any of this lies, but I've had an extremely busy work and social schedule this summer. If someone needs some help, I'll be glad to do it with the understanding that it may take a week or so. Since Memorial day, I think I've only slept in my own bed a half dozen nights and passed out at the keyboard nearly all the others. Things aren't freeing up for me until November, but at least the social schedule gets a little lighter as summer winds down.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Cool

I can help anyone with a 2008. Jpop got me going on my trans tune I am 90% done I love the program it really helps the 4speed auto trans liven-up the 3.8 send me a pm if you have a 2008 I will send you my percent over stock shift schedule, plug play after that...
I'll send a PM as I have a 2008 with similar mods, I know changing the tranny shift schedule can make a huge difference, it did for my Mercury Marauder

Thanks,

Jon aka 69mach1
Old 08-12-2012, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

33's and 538's...
you are the first person ive seen say you run 5.38s on 33in tires.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Freak

Default Looking for a tune on...

Does anyone have a good starting point on a shift schedule for...

35 in tires
5.13 gears
HEAVY Warn bumpers front & rear with a PowerPlant up front
HEAVY XRD fenders

Just giving as much info as possible. I've been hit with a stupid stick when it comes to this...very intimidating task.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2008 JK trans shift schedule HELP!!!!

I can help anyone with a 2008. Jpop got me going on my trans tune I am 90% done I love the program it really helps the 4speed auto trans liven-up the 3.8 send me a pm if you have a 2008 I will send you my percent over stock shift schedule, plug play after that...
I could sure use some help. I have a 2008 JK Sahara. I have made multiple call to SC with no help from there end on where to even start on trans shift schedules. can you pm me with what you have?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat.... '08 JK
Old 02-06-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody have a template for a 2008 Rubicon with 4.10 gears, 35" tires(measures 34" at the moment), 6" lift, MBRP exhaust, AIRAIDE intake, & TBS. Some help would be great
Old 02-08-2014, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kokonut805
Anybody have a template for a 2008 Rubicon with 4.10 gears, 35" tires(measures 34" at the moment), 6" lift, MBRP exhaust, AIRAIDE intake, & TBS. Some help would be great
I can email you the schedule JPop sent me. It helped a lot when I had stock gears but once I regeared I have been unsuccessful at getting a schedule to work. PM me if you want it.

Quick Reply: Help: shift schedule: auto tranny