Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help: shift schedule: auto tranny

Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help: shift schedule: auto tranny

Hi all. I have a 2010 4 dr JKU with automatic transmission (3.8L and stock 3.73 gears and 17 in wheels with 255/75/17R tires)). I have already installed the superchips 87 tune and I downloaded the advanced auto trans app which provides the flexibility to set new shift points.

Has anyone designed a shift schedule that they could send? I'm not looking for anything crazy. Basically, staying in gear a bit longer before up shifting and delaying the up shift into overdrive. Also, I prefer less of pedal mash to get the trans to downshift (especially from overdrive).

I've PM'd JPop (the most prominent threader on this subject) and he responded quickly but has been radio silent for about a week. He helped me to get this far and now I'm ready to reprogram. Hope he is ok. He seems to be very knowledgeable about this stuff and I hope he is just enjoying some R&R.
The following users liked this post:
Simikilr (12-23-2023)
Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another entry to get my thread to the top. Any help here is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck, man. I have been dealing with shift points for over 6 months now. I still can't get it figured out. This is an option SC should have a disclaimer on it... like, "This is useless unless you are all knowing".

SC customer support is not helpful at all, so save your time, and frustration by NOT calling them. I'd suggest toying with the settings, but when I did that, I thought I was on the verge of breaking something... so that's probably not a good idea.

I feel your pain on this subject matter... as I am sure others do too.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the SC tune for towing installed with the "SC" tune shift points. They are pretty good, but that 1st to 2nd jerk could be de-tuned a little? Did the app cost anything to add to the flashpaq, and can you see the points supplied already with their default tunes? If SC could post the shift schedule with their 5 tunes, then it would be a great starting point.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by demtek9
I have the SC tune for towing installed with the "SC" tune shift points. They are pretty good, but that 1st to 2nd jerk could be de-tuned a little? Did the app cost anything to add to the flashpaq, and can you see the points supplied already with their default tunes? If SC could post the shift schedule with their 5 tunes, then it would be a great starting point.
They (SC) won't provide any info in fear their "suggested tune" will damage your jeep. They don't want to be held responsible.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi

Jpop has a wealth of knowledge on this that I've read him post on here. Hopefully he will see this and chime in. I run a superchips but have A manual.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by G520
They (SC) won't provide any info in fear their "suggested tune" will damage your jeep. They don't want to be held responsible.
Thanks for the info...
Well that sounds like crap to me on SC's behalf. So whats the difference between you not knowing what you are doing and messing it all up from their base and just starting from scratch and messing it all up? Lawyers...
Old 06-05-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

as far as im concerned the advanced transmission tuning is virtually worthless as superchips provide no support, no instructions, no help, no nothing. i dont understand the thing with them not wanting to be liable as you are already using their product with their tunes... that right there has potential to be seen as something that grenades part of your vehicle.

im very happy with my flashpaq, but i have no interest in messing with the advance tuning as there is no real help or support ANYWHERE.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can help anyone with a 2008. Jpop got me going on my trans tune I am 90% done I love the program it really helps the 4speed auto trans liven-up the 3.8 send me a pm if you have a 2008 I will send you my percent over stock shift schedule, plug play after that...
Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cats&Jeeps
I can help anyone with a 2008. Jpop got me going on my trans tune I am 90% done I love the program it really helps the 4speed auto trans liven-up the 3.8 send me a pm if you have a 2008 I will send you my percent over stock shift schedule, plug play after that...
What wheel/tire set up and lift do you have? Aftermarket bumpers? I think having those mods will effect the shift points. If your set up is similar to mine I would be curious. But if it's stock, it's pointless for me.

Quick Reply: Help: shift schedule: auto tranny