Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help Second Aftermarket exhaust not straight

Old 04-15-2010, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Second Aftermarket exhaust not straight

Well like the title says yesterday I put my second exhaust on and both weren't straight. On both of them the passenger side of the muffler hangs lower then the driver side. The weird thing is my stock exhaust sat straight. Could someone please give me measurements of their exhaust hangers. I know the measurements from the ground to my hangers will be different but if we have the same difference between driver side and passenger side then I'll know that I'm just really unlucky and it's the exhaust and not my hangers.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

It's probably me but I don't understand the question. What do you mean by second exhaust and driver's side different than passenger side? Did you put on a dual exhaust? If it's just an adjustment issue, take it to an exhaust dude and have him adjust it. If an exhaust dude did it, take it back and have them adjust it. Did the "system" not come with new hangers? If not, your stock hangers will be the same as everyone elses.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is my second aftermarket exhaust. If you stand at the rear of the jeep and look at the muffler it is sitting at an angle (passenger side lower then driver side). The first aftermarket exhaust sat the same way, but my stock exhaust was as straight as can be. So what I am looking for is someone to give me two measurements 1 the distance from the ground to the tip of the stock hanger on the driver side (the hanger welded to the frame) 2 the same measurement but on the passenger side. With that info I can see if the difference between someone else two hangers and mine are the same or different. If they are the same then the aftermarket exhaust came from the factory wrong.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Is it a Gibson exhaust...?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help if we knew what aftermarket exhaust you are using.

What happened to the first one? What lead you to do your second one? Is it on the same Jeep or is it on another Jeep?

And pictures are always a big help.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes it is a Gibson exhaust. The first one I sent back to them and they sent me the one that I currently have. It's almost comical because the first one was the same as the second, but when they received it back they were like "oh yeah this was manufactured all wrong we are very sorry here is a new one that has been hand picked" problem is as far as I can tell it's no different. So I'm trying to figure out if Gibson's measurements are all off or if some how my hangers coming off my frame are bent or came from the factory welded at the wrong location.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, I'll throw out the obvious just in case it hasn't been tried...... Normally you can loosen all the brackets and clamps, straighten out what is crooked, then tighten everything back up. So if you've done that, disreguard. If not, give it a try.

Quick Reply: Help Second Aftermarket exhaust not straight