Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP... Rubicon Express Lift ...STUCK

Old 04-18-2016, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Definitely, post em up! I want to see a 9" lift!

Touch base with the mfg and figure out which exact coils you have.
I'd make sure the break lines are not maxed out if it really is 9" of lift. Almost sounds like they are the wrong springs for the kit that you purchased.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies and help. We basically took everything off and started over this morning. This time it went together just fine. Looking back, we were so freaking tired by the end of the day yesterday that we were probably delusional.

The entire kit went together pretty much without a hitch and it looks fantastic.

I feel pretty foolish now, but last night it seemed very serious. As to the 9", looks like it was blind-eyed-math. Ran the numbers this morning and it turned out to be about 4"...HSG I guess.

Anyway, thanks again.

Cheers-- James
Old 04-19-2016, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

If it matters, I have this lift with my JKU and 35's. It rides really nice. At 85+ mph it wandered a bit due to too much psi in the tires. I dropped to 28 front 26 back and now it rides very close to stock.

Dave
Old 04-19-2016, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice reading this thread. Was like a crazy movie or book I was reading with a crazy twist. Haha but yea I'm about to install the same lift on my JKUS. Could you post a pic of yours? Would love to see how it looks. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Last edited by LOLO9293; 04-19-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LOLO9293
Very nice reading this thread. Was like a crazy movie or book I was reading with a crazy twist. Haha but yea I'm about to install the same lift on my JKUS. Could you post a pic of yours? Would love to see how it looks. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Sure, it's my buddy's rig so I'll take some photos when I get to work this morning.

Also, the ride is fantastic. This is the second JK lift I've installed and I'm pretty impressed with the end product. The handling is marvelous. We took our time when it came to the steering adjustments and it rides way better than stock. I can say that Rubicon Express makes a quality product...HOWEVER, their instructions were horrible.

Basically they've hobbled together a "sport" kit from various different elements and have not created a specific set of instructions for this particular setup. We had to study the installation instructions for three different installations and figure out on our own what order to remove/install each part as they related to our specific kit. There a several requirements that were missing and were only obvious because of my previous Teraflex install (those instructions were excellent).

I'll take some photos and try to write up something to explain the problem areas.

More to come...

James
Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry, my buddy wasn't at work today, I'll catch the photos tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

I found the instructions to be tough to follow too. The problem with them piecing together is that the beginning of the install they say to install the cam bolts on the front, then later is says to use the relo brackets. I would expect that for a $1200, the the instructions would have been a lot better. Overall the jeep rides pretty well. The only issue is the steering wheel goes left and right with suspension compression/decompression. I have tried rotating the cam on the front track bar as I believe the length of the track bar and the drag link not being the same length, could be causing this issue. On a smooth highway at 80mph it tracks very straight and when it does move the steering wheel left and right, the jeep does not pull left/right at all as long as you let the steering wheel move. Any ideas would be appreciated. Dave
Old 04-24-2016, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baja tym
sorry, my buddy wasn't at work today, i'll catch the photos tomorrow.
pics!
Old 04-25-2016, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by rubiman
pics!
Things are only urgent when you need help.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Curious about this lift myself and jumping on to see the finished product and read through the challenges of the install. I've installed a couple lifts myself, the last one on my WJ so I want to tackle my new JKU myself as well.

Quick Reply: HELP... Rubicon Express Lift ...STUCK