Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with a rounded lug nut

Old 08-25-2010, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a rounded lug nut

Its not on my jeep but since this site is full of knowledgeable people mabey some one can help.I stripped the lug nut on my old blazer.What is the best way to get it off now??
Old 08-25-2010, 05:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it will fit in the wheel, get an old or cheap impact socket that is slightly small and hammer it on. Use an impact socket because they're softer than sockets meant for hand tools.

If that won't fit in the wheel holes, you'll have to ruin a good thin-wall socket and hammer it on.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weld another lug to it.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alec
If it will fit in the wheel, get an old or cheap impact socket that is slightly small and hammer it on. Use an impact socket because they're softer than sockets meant for hand tools.

If that won't fit in the wheel holes, you'll have to ruin a good thin-wall socket and hammer it on.
+1. You can also heat the nut up to make the metal softer. Locking nuts usually have soft sides, so a socket can be hammered on if you lose the key socket, so I imagine normal lugs may be similar.

You can also get a lug nut removal kit from an auto parts store. A quick google search showed some options for around $15.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys I now have it free now off to the trie shop.

Quick Reply: Help with a rounded lug nut