Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP - Rock Krawler DS Pinion Angles

Old 10-21-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the rear lower control arms disconnected from the axle, jack up the pinion end of the differential until it measures 2 degrees less than the drive shaft angle. Then adjust your lower control arms to the correct length to maintain that angle. If they won't adjust short enough, you'll need longer rear uppers. Regarding the break, if your drive shaft was at too extreme an angle, you would have had vibrations. More likely the u joint was not seated properly.

Last edited by river2c; 10-21-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by river2c
With the rear lower control arms disconnected from the axle, jack up the pinion end of the differential until it measures 2 degrees less than the drive shaft angle. Then adjust your lower control arms to the correct length to maintain that angle. If they won't adjust short enough, you'll need longer rear uppers. Regarding the break, if your drive shaft was at too extreme an angle, you would have had vibrations. More likely the u joint was not seated properly.
That sounds more correct to me. I never has any vibrations in the shafts and suddenly a pop in the u joint when crawling a ledge. I'm going to see what I can do as far as adjusting my lowers and checking my angles again. Thanks for the help all!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:54 AM
JK Junkie

So I've ended up ordering the RK 3 link conversion for the rear and front upper adj control arms to correct the angles. I will post pics when installed.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

3 link has been installed. Pinion is now spot on and correct. Thanks for all of the help guys!

Quick Reply: HELP - Rock Krawler DS Pinion Angles