Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with RK control arms install

Old 12-19-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with RK control arms install

First, I'll give ya the current set up:

RK 2.5" coils with a 1/2" spacer on front. I have RK front and rear track bars. Stock driveshafts (if that matters). Picked up a full set of RK controls arms. So here's the questions:

1. These control arms push the axle back one inch. Think x-factor 2.5 kit. I do have correction wedges if needed to keep coils in line. Anything else I should be concerned about?

2. Replacing control arms isn't too tough when you can do one at a time. However, since I'm moving the axle back I'll have to do at least two (either left/right or uppers/lowers). Any recommendations for the order of install?

3. Any shops in so cal that install customers parts for reasonable rates? If so, I'd just spend the damn money. ;-)

Thanks for any info guys!!
Old 12-19-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by diver_matt
First, I'll give ya the current set up: RK 2.5" coils with a 1/2" spacer on front. I have RK front and rear track bars. Stock driveshafts (if that matters). Picked up a full set of RK controls arms. So here's the questions: 1. These control arms push the axle back one inch. Think x-factor 2.5 kit. I do have correction wedges if needed to keep coils in line. Anything else I should be concerned about? 2. Replacing control arms isn't too tough when you can do one at a time. However, since I'm moving the axle back I'll have to do at least two (either left/right or uppers/lowers). Any recommendations for the order of install? 3. Any shops in so cal that install customers parts for reasonable rates? If so, I'd just spend the damn money. ;-) Thanks for any info guys!!
I did mine last weekend, if you are going to move your axle back get all 4: uppers and lowers. I didn't use the correction wedges, I cut the stock perch off and welded it back on top in the correct position for where the axle was. Very easy install get a buddy and a case of beer and you can bang it out in no time
Old 12-19-2013, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have all 8 control arms. Forgot about the perch option. I am getting a truss installed soon. Might just have him do that too then! Thanks!! Did you run into any hiccups you'd avoid if doing it again?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

This is for a TJ but the setup is going to be the same.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/ho...ms-387330.html
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by diver_matt
I have all 8 control arms. Forgot about the perch option. I am getting a truss installed soon. Might just have him do that too then! Thanks!! Did you run into any hiccups you'd avoid if doing it again?
Nope none. I moved mine back even further, about 2inches or so and it rides awesome
Old 12-19-2013, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll be fine. Straight forward install. Only thing I recommend is having a bench vise handy to really crank down on the jam nuts on the control arms. They need a lot of torque. You also need to move your rear swaybar 1" . Not a big deal just a matter if drilling out some holes and using self tapping bolts.

Quick Reply: Help with RK control arms install