Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help reccommend my next drivetrain upgrade

Old 11-16-2016, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'14 JKUR with full RK 3.5" X-factor lift OEM D44 front & rear axle shafts (front gussetted/sleeved) Tom Woods Front DS The vehicle does see time at Moab, SAN Juan mountaiNs, and Rocky Mountains (not a mall crawler) My question is; what should I upgrade next as far as drivetrain goes? Basically, what is the next weakest link in my chain? I am torn between front shafts, rear shafts, or rear driveshaft. Granted, eventually I will upgrade all of them, but trying to prioritize what may leave me stranded...

Sorry, rolling on 35s

Last edited by 09yellowjk; 11-16-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unless you have a heavy foot i would just wheel it...no need to replace stuff because it could break someday. I've been on 35s and wheel a few times a month in the rockies for the past 3.5 years, stock axle shafts and rear DS. If you don't know how to drive and have a heavy foot then I'd do rear axle shafts.

Quick Reply: Help reccommend my next drivetrain upgrade