Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help! R.R. mirror relo. kit

Old 03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help! R.R. mirror relo. kit

In attempting to install the door hole covers , it says to re-use the two factory Torx bolts. The bolts get too tight after 3 or 4 turns .I don't want to reef any harder on them in fear of stripping the threads or breaking the bolt. WTF ? anyone have this problem? are the bolts too big ?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i installed those brackets and i didnt have any problems, u need to use the screws that were in the kit, u need to use those silver screws to attach the filler plate, just that make sure u put both bolts in place before screwing them in, they have to be aligned correctly in order for them to go in correctly, i found that where u have to use the original long torx screw is when u are attaching the mirror to the actual bracket because the torx screw that is originally under the mirror is not long enough to screw into the mirror to pull it down, so i used the longer door screw to screw into the mirror and pull it down enough to where i could remove that long screw and install the original screw once it was low enough to grab..... hope this helps
Old 03-27-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The instructions say to use the original torx bolts. and then they go on to say to use one of those same bolts to attach the mirror to the bracket . Now I guess I will go spend more money on bolts that should have been usable or at least supplied. Why is it that we, the consumer are left with working out the bugs of the products we have paid good money for ? This company is well aware of these problems and expect us to fix what they wont even after they've taken our money . I also will be grinding out the bracket so the mirror head will fit in it. Unbelievable !
Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They know about the problem and say that they have edited the instructions (PMed me). Use the silver bolts in the door and the oringal bolts for the A pillar

Quick Reply: help! R.R. mirror relo. kit