Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP Problem with Winch

Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This works BOTH WAYS...

Originally Posted by jstikel3
Fixed the problem, thanks for the help.
...twf, I feel used.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi

What's the fix?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty severly colorblind, had the girlfriend double check and make sure I had the terminal colors matched up properly and I just had then switched . This was after running it straight to the battery to test the motor and then on the solenoids to make sure everything worked, it did so I asked myself...could it be something that simple and sure enough called her out to look at them and I had them switched. Kicking myself in the a** for just not asking for help from the start. Bad thing is even now when I look at the terminals I cant tell them apart.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jstikel3
I am pretty severly colorblind, had the girlfriend double check and make sure I had the terminal colors matched up properly and I just had then switched . This was after running it straight to the battery to test the motor and then on the solenoids to make sure everything worked, it did so I asked myself...could it be something that simple and sure enough called her out to look at them and I had them switched. Kicking myself in the a** for just not asking for help from the start. Bad thing is even now when I look at the terminals I cant tell them apart.
This is what happened to me with my warn xd9000i.... I wrecked my old rig and didn't have receipts for the ins co so I was beat for all the parts I put on it so I searched for a JK already lifted and found my rubi which had the warn already installed but when I got home it dint work at all.... The dealer disconnected it. I hooked it up and it only went out. I was pissed but started trying different wiring configurations and BAM! It worked. Glad to see u fixed ur winch. Make sure u use it at least once a month. Just pull it out a few feet and winch the line back in. My warn seized up on me from not using for a few months and I had to take it apart and re grease everything. The nice ppl over at Warn told me to just use it once a month to keep all the parts moving.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
This is what happened to me with my warn xd9000i.... I wrecked my old rig and didn't have receipts for the ins co so I was beat for all the parts I put on it so I searched for a JK already lifted and found my rubi which had the warn already installed but when I got home it dint work at all.... The dealer disconnected it. I hooked it up and it only went out. I was pissed but started trying different wiring configurations and BAM! It worked. Glad to see u fixed ur winch. Make sure u use it at least once a month. Just pull it out a few feet and winch the line back in. My warn seized up on me from not using for a few months and I had to take it apart and re grease everything. The nice ppl over at Warn told me to just use it once a month to keep all the parts moving.
Thanks for the tip I'd hate for something to seize up that costs so much money when I could prevent it by taking 5 minutes out of my day.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Not a bad time...

...to relocate the solenoid and truly seal the motor. Lots of writeups online. I am rebuilding my Recon now, repacking the filthy grease, sealing the housing, and remounting the solenoid inside the engine compartment.

Quick Reply: HELP Problem with Winch