Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help pricing used transfer case

Old 01-28-2016, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help pricing used transfer case

Hey,

I have a transfer case from a 2011 JKU Sport, manual trans, 30k, 2.72 low. Just did a rubi swap. I've seen some asking prices all over the place, but no idea what they actually sell for (or who would want it).

What do you guys think? Is it worth keeping in case I would ever sell and want to return to stock first?

Also, the 3.21 ring, pinion, open diffs? I think I've seen people give these away?
Old 01-28-2016, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CMHilbert
Hey, I have a transfer case from a 2011 JKU Sport, manual trans, 30k, 2.72 low. Just did a rubi swap. I've seen some asking prices all over the place, but no idea what they actually sell for (or who would want it). What do you guys think? Is it worth keeping in case I would ever sell and want to return to stock first? Also, the 3.21 ring, pinion, open diffs? I think I've seen people give these away?
The junkyard price is around $500 in the Pittsburgh area as I was in the market previously. If you could get $400 out of someone on CL, it'd definitely finance additional mods.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I seem to recall a few posts indicating that when Motech does LS swaps, they use the 2.72 case, and people who wanted the 4:1 swapped with them. Can't help with pricing, but they may be worth a call.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

I have seen them go for 400-700 by me (Tampa, FL) so somewhere in that range is reasonable. Sell it if you can and put the money elsewhere. Congrats on the new case!

RockZJ

Quick Reply: Help pricing used transfer case