Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help please. Death wobble

Old 05-08-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude if you have a problem that a new steering stabilizer "solves", then you still have that same problem. You haven't solved anything.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

SS. lower tire pressure are not cures for DW - you've only masked the issue and setting yourself up or your front end up for eventual failure.

make sure your caster is closer to stock - your control arms should not be maxed out - which control arms do you have and at what distance center to center did you begin?

are your trackbar and drag link parallel to each other?

just in case:

The front lower arms are used to either regain lost wheel base from a lift or to adjust the angle of the front axle for correct caster alignment, or both.

The front upper arms are used to adjust the angle of the front axle for correct caster alignment specs if the front lower arms were used to regain wheel base.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeeep
SS. lower tire pressure are not cures for DW - you've only masked the issue and setting yourself up or your front end up for eventual failure.

make sure your caster is closer to stock - your control arms should not be maxed out - which control arms do you have and at what distance center to center did you begin?

are your trackbar and drag link parallel to each other?

just in case:

The front lower arms are used to either regain lost wheel base from a lift or to adjust the angle of the front axle for correct caster alignment, or both.

The front upper arms are used to adjust the angle of the front axle for correct caster alignment specs if the front lower arms were used to regain wheel base.
The track bar and drag link do not need to be parallel to each other if the dimension has changed drastically in one of the two components. Ie my track bar is now shorter than the original one I had. Therefor the geometry is different.

The SS can cause death wobble if it is faulty. I just took a 500 km trip on a rather bumpy hwy and the jeep was fine.

I have put the tire pressure back to stock 35 psi and the toe is back to oe speck. The only thing that is no longer in oe spec is the castor. It is at 6.3 degrees and will stay that way since it is working.

The last thing I need to replace is my u joints in the from axel.
And while I'm at it I will probably install new seals for the axel.

Quick Reply: Help please. Death wobble