Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP PLEASE 4" Teraflex Long arm kit

Old 10-24-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE 4" Teraflex Long arm kit

I am trying to install my 4" Teraflex long arm kit and i am having problems. The front drivers side long arm bracket will not go into place. The cat for that side is in the way. Has anyone had this problem before? If so what do you reccomend i do. If not does anyone know if there is a differnt bracket for the 2010 unlimited? Thanks
Old 10-24-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here are the pics

Drivers side 1

Drivers side 2

Drivers side 3

Drivers side 4

Passenger side 1

Passenger side 2
Old 10-24-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi

Mine is a 08 and I had no issues like that. looks like you have to move the cat. Call Teraflex and talk to Joe or someone else. see if this is a problem with other 2010 jeeps. keep us informed.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just had my exhaust modified for the RK long arm, and I agree, mine doesn't look like that, must be something with the '10 models. Looks like you will need to get some custom exhaust work done. Maybe just chop the cat out leaving about 1" of pipe on each side and tow it to an exhaust shop when you're done? That's what I would do...
Old 10-24-2010, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is it too late to exchange your lift for a Teraflex 3" lift? You'll get 4" of lift with the 3" kit and won't have to deal with the problems you're having now. Tons of room for 35s.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PipeHitter
Is it too late to exchange your lift for a Teraflex 3" lift? You'll get 4" of lift with the 3" kit and won't have to deal with the problems you're having now. Tons of room for 35s.
HAHA yea. All the front control arm brackets are cut off....
Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 AM
JK Freak

you could try loosening your bolts that connect your lower pipe to the headers.. other than that you will have to have your pipe cut and cat rotated
Old 10-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the 2010's you have to cut and rotate the convertor a few degrees.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
On the 2010's you have to cut and rotate the convertor a few degrees.
Upfront, I'm a big fan of your gear, but product disconnects like this drive people absolutely crazy.

Was this mentioned in the install instructions? It sounds like he's significantly into the install and now he has to deal with something that could have been completely avoided--either through upfront install instructions (also adding to the total cost of the kit btw) or perhaps a re-design that would avoid this issue altogether (obviously preferable).

Again, I'm a long time Tera customer and fan, but issues like this (especially for his expense and time) really should be addressed for your customers.

Just my two cents...
Old 10-31-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeperaf
Upfront, I'm a big fan of your gear, but product disconnects like this drive people absolutely crazy.

Was this mentioned in the install instructions? It sounds like he's significantly into the install and now he has to deal with something that could have been completely avoided--either through upfront install instructions (also adding to the total cost of the kit btw) or perhaps a re-design that would avoid this issue altogether (obviously preferable).

Again, I'm a long time Tera customer and fan, but issues like this (especially for his expense and time) really should be addressed for your customers.

Just my two cents...

Tereflex does a great job of providing instructions with MOST of their kits and products so people can review them prior to ordering so they are fully aware of what they are getting into. By no means am I attempting to discredit or cut down Teraflex, I love their products and have the 2.5" lift installed on my rig.

But in this case the OP simply couldn't locate the instructions online, whether they aren't there or not as easy to locate as others. As people can see...he is running into issues he wasn't prepared for, not TF's fault, but its super great when you can review install instructions prior to placing an order!

Just my opinion...hope i didn't hurt any feelings...

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE 4" Teraflex Long arm kit