Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!!!!!!! Please!!!

Old 07-28-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad shock?

I had a 4" Rough Country on my CJ7. It would run the smaller 33" tires no problem on the street / trail. Put the larger ones on and death wobble from Haites on the street!

Spent days going over the front end geometry and $$ balancing tires, and alignmnets....... found a "squishy" RS9000 shock and replaced it on the passenger front and no more death wobble!

If you have the "cheap" shocks that came with the lift try upgrading the front 2 first. (if you have the $$ upgrade all 4 corners).

Just a thought. It's what corrected my issue... Godd luck, hope that helps?

Schlep.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you remove the lug retainer clips for the switch to non-stock wheels?
Old 07-28-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rebalance didn't work, try rotating the tires. If it goes away its a likely a wheel/tire issue.If not its a suspension issue. How many miles are on your lift/ shocks?
Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

I believe i found the issue my upper mount where my trac bar goes in is tight as can be but i think it has worn the hole where the bolt goes in bigger so it is letting it move just a little bit has to be my problem thanks for the help guys!!

Quick Reply: Help!!!!!!! Please!!!