Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help please 2.5 inch suspension lift

Old 10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please 2.5 inch suspension lift

Will i have trouble with my axcles going out do to angles i own a 2 door wrangler x i know you run into problems if you go big new to the lifts. but 2.5 is all i want to do and maybe a 1 inch body lift.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepsta
Will I have trouble with my axles going out, do to angles. i own a 2 door wrangler x. i know you run into problems, if you go big. new to the lifts. But 2.5 is all i want to do and maybe a 1 inch body lift.
Fixed.

You'll be fine, I would go 2in buget boost and 33inch tires. If you go bigger tires you will need to regear.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Make sure you get close to the 2.5" lift. Some coils lift more than advertised and can/will cause rear driveshaft issues. Due to the increased working angle. Your actual axles don't care what you do lift wise.

Tire size will depend on if you are auto/manual and the ring and pinion ratio.
what would i have to do to my rear drive shaft for no issues thinking 2.5 budget boost do you think this would be fine maybe even just a leveling kit.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you looking to go to a bigger tire size? If so what? You might be better off going with a leveling kit. This will eliminate a lot of expense down the road i.e drive shafts and re-gearing. I know that teraflex is developing a 2 door spring leveling kit right now.... just my

Quick Reply: Help please 2.5 inch suspension lift