Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help Please

Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please

Alright I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here, I have 800 dollars to spend right now. I am debating between a 2.5'' tf lift either bb or coil and maybe some onther small mods like lighting. Then I have an offer from a friend for
Front Dana 30 w/ 5.13, Alloy shafts, Rock Krawler HD tie rod, Rear Dana 44 limited slip w/ 5.13 (all with 25k miles) for $600 + $100 transportation. Right now I have 32'' bfg m/t with only 3k miles on them so I am going to ware them down then upgrade to 35s and I was told Installing the all the 5.13 gear stuff would be overkill. So all the gear stuff would be taking up space in my garage untill I would be ready to put it on. So I want your opinions/info on what to do please.
Thanks Trev
Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

As someone who is planning on ripping out all of my original lift (3" BDS) and upgrading later this summer, my advice is to put the money back in your pocket and save a little more before you do anything. There are plenty of Jeepers out there who are on their 2nd or 3rd round of upgrades because we had money burning holes in our pockets.

The deal that your friend is offering seems pretty fair, but is it really what you want? Make up a wish list, figure out what you want/need, then save up for it. If I had done it that way, I would have gotten the suspesion and accessories that I really wanted the first time around.

Just my $.02. Good luck with your decision.

JD
Old 02-21-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I know I am going to need atleast a 2.5'' lift for the tires so I might just do that.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

ditch the dana 30. POS.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the lift would be the best path for me now. Just cant decide on a coil or BB?
I do most of my off roading in the summer and mainly mud and trails no major rocks yet. Then in the winter love to play in the snow. I will be putting on a RR stubby front w/ stinger next weekend and eventually smitty xrc8 winch. Which type of lift should I go with?

Last edited by mkjeep; 02-21-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by j33p_freak
I think the lift would be the best path for me now. Just cant decide on a coil or BB?
I do most of my off roading in the summer and mainly mud and trails no major rocks yet. Then in the winter love to play in the snow. I will be putting on a RR stubby front w/ stinger next weekend and eventually smitty xrc8 winch. Which type of lift should I go with?
Do a coil lift if your adding bumper/winch, a bb would be just a waste
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

The one with the tf shocks or shock adapters?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After the advice of many on and off the forum, I've realized that it is very important to make your purchases based not only for your needs now, but what they will be down the road. Think about it, once you have that lift, bigger tires, bumpers, rails, etc, all of a sudden you're going to have access to totally new trails and terrain. Once you get that taste in your mouth are you going to be disappointed by the limitations of the gear you buy now?
Be patient. Save more. Buy the gear that is going to get you where you want to be tomorrow and next year.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by j33p_freak
The one with the tf shocks or shock adapters?
If your jk doesnt have gas shocks , get the new shocks.

Quick Reply: Help Please