Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help...OME or Rock Krawler Lift

Old 11-16-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OME and you might want to get track bars and front lca's. It makes a big difference in the ride quality.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Just did the Rock Krawler 2.5 Max system and love it. I paired it with the Bilstein 5100 and the ride is incredible and flex is second to none.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

RK 2.5 w/ Bilstein 5100s here. The quality and service from RK is top notch!!! You will be happy!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2.5 RK Max Travel kit with Bilstein 5160's and love it. I bought the kit because it seemed the most complete with all the arms for a decent price. I'm really happy I went with it.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Just installed the RK Max Travel Kit with Bilstiens, and so for I'm loving it. Very beefy components.
Also, I got way more than 2.5 inches out of the lift. I know it will settle abit. The lip on the front fender measured 36.5" before and 40.25" after. The lip on the rear fender measured 35 7/8" before and 38 3/4" inches after.

I'll also add you should consider getting spring clips with your lift as well. We dropped my front end once everything was bolted in, and it drooped far enough that one sping came loose, and that was with the swaybar connected. This kit has tons of travel. I haven't had the chance to wheel it yet, but I'm dam excited.

Last edited by Rubichronic; 11-17-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IndyChavez
OME and you might want to get track bars and front lca's. It makes a big difference in the ride quality.
^ ^ X2 on this.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1FoxyJK
Only the HD coils give you 3" and I was going to do the light springs since I'm keeping my stock bumpers and fenders.
A lot of posters on here with the OME light have netted 3+". If you're staying stock with the bumpers and fenders I would say that 3" is right around what you will gain.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies guys. For the Rock Krawler kit...Rubichronic was the first to mention a spring retainer. I have heard of others adding extended brake lines or bumpstops.

I am almost positive I'm going with Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod, bilstein 5100s, and RK front LCAs. Not quite sure if I'll need to add anything else like what I mentioned in the above paragraph. I will not be rock crawling since we have none, just sand, little mud and snow.

I know I'm a few months away, but I wish I had the money now for the lift and wheels because I want it done so badly. Will post up pics once I get these things done.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richmanyou
If you get lower front bump stops you likely will not need spring retainers, they will help keep the springs in place.

I would get break lines.

If you have the coin, I would get the max travel.

I will have the $ it was just come down to how much I'm willing to part with and how much it going to cost me for tires.

Oh...I hear about these bump stops...but what brand, size? I know nothing about this type of thing. Going to buy from Northridge 4x4 if someone could tell me what bump stops from their site I should use would be greatly helpful.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FoxyJK

I will have the $ it was just come down to how much I'm willing to part with and how much it going to cost me for tires.

Oh...I hear about these bump stops...but what brand, size? I know nothing about this type of thing. Going to buy from Northridge 4x4 if someone could tell me what bump stops from their site I should use would be greatly helpful.
just call David... or pm him.... he will give you all the info you need... and I am running the OME hd lift.... and love it.

Quick Reply: Help...OME or Rock Krawler Lift