Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!!! newbie with delimma regarding 4" super lift kit

Old 09-20-2010, 12:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 inch super lift

Originally Posted by adark
ok... So i'm a newbie with a stock 2008 jk unlimited...

That being said, i want to modify my jeep at a slow, but steady pace. First comes suspension, then wheels and tires, then bumpers etc... I found the following ad on craigslist and i need to know if this is too much too quick or "too good of a deal to be true". I tried to price it online at superlift's website but it said "call for price" (which i will do tomorrow). Soo... Can anyone who has experience with this kit give me any feedback? If i install it and move to 35" tires on 16" wheels will i need regearing or experience steering issues?
Am i an idiot to be buying used? These sound like the kind of questions that planman can help with but i would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks for taking a minute to direct a newbie in the right direction. Ballpark of how much am i looking at for an install? (also, is my meager 12,000$ jeep fund better spent somewhere esle)

craigslist ad:
"i have a super lift 4" lift for jeep jk 4dr. Can clear 37" tires. Kit is a couple months old. Comes with coils, shocks, rear weld on track bar bracket, front ajustable track bar, and everything to make it a complete kit. Jut selling jeep and dont need the lift. Please email for any questions. "
i bought my 4 inch superlift back in july 2007 and love it . Warenty is good ,i had a shock bushing go bad last june,called them up and they sent me new ones. I payed $557.00 for mine in 2007. Worth every penny. I installed the lift in my driveway in 5 hours time very easy. Ive got the hydro/oil shocks. Things ive done with the jeep with the lift kit on , tow cars and trucks on a carr hauler trailer,loaded up the hole back end with fire wood on a full tank of gass and still had 1 more inch before i bottomed out, towed trailer loads of fire wood ,lots and lots. Dune running at silverlake and bouncing around every year. Twisted trails ,and the mounds offroad parks in michigan.
Buy new ,you will thank yourself if a warenty issue should occure.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Full airintake

Originally Posted by hardcoreoffroad
just wondering if you still have your stock airintake. I know when i went to a cold airintake i lost gas milage in my dodge ram 1500. Put your stock air intake back on and use the stock k&n air filter , or plane filter. There is a fine line of things to help you get good gas millage,vrs more horse power. Mess around with trial and error. Find out what works out best for your ride.
Im on 37's with 4.10's ,6 speed trans,gibson single cat back exhaust,k&n in stock filter box,and hypermax programer, 5.5 inches of lift . My gass mpg average from last winter to now is 15.7 mpg. My summertime mpg is 17-23.
Hi, First off I would like to say i'm new to the forums! I have a 2007 jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I haven't had any mods done to the suspension or gearing, but I have added a full K&n air intake with a Gibson cat back exhaust. I've noticed when i'm on the highway at 70-80 mph i get about 18 mpg with stock everything else. hope that helps you out.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I would recommend against buying a cheap 4" lift to run 35's but it is your jeep and your money. Gears will be a personal preference and most that say performance is find just don't want to spend the money to do it right. Most people that I know that have held out on doing gears say it is one of the best things they did to their jeep once they ended up doing it. Again it comes down to a money thing and the fact you can't see gears. 35's can be done on minimal lift and not sure why you would be looking at a 4" lift and the headaches that can come with that much height as the lift will do nothing for you in terms of performance and will actually decrease the ride quality and performance of the jeep both on road and off. Good luck with your jeep.

Quick Reply: Help!!! newbie with delimma regarding 4" super lift kit