Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with new lift for 37s - any recommendation based on use of vehicle (below)

Old 03-17-2014, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just put a spacer on top of the springs and maybe get longer shocks. I have a 3.5" kit and 35's and i would not be able to run 37's unless i upgrade my control arms to some longer ones
Old 03-17-2014, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROGUE JK X
I would just put a spacer on top of the springs and maybe get longer shocks. I have a 3.5" kit and 35's and i would not be able to run 37's unless i upgrade my control arms to some longer ones
You're doing it wrong.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ROGUE JK X
That is awful advice, and would not solve his problem.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Just kick out the wheels more with some spacers and do some trimming in the rear and your golden. Adjust for bumpstopage accordingly
Old 03-17-2014, 04:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbmg
You're doing it wrong.
ha i wish i could "like" this comment.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobby I never realized you did Gracie until I just noticed your avatar!

As you know I was running 37's with no lift for awhile. I installed my game changer like a week ago now or so.

If I were you I'd take Planman's advice and go with longer bump stops and trim your rear pinch seam on the front and rear side of it. I did both on my rears. I didn't rub anymore after trimming more off the pinch seam on the road with the stock suspension. I think if you do that, it's super cheap and will take care of your rubbing issue.

You don't need to change your shocks or whatever else.

I'm running 3.5" backpacking with my spidertrax spacers as well. I now have my full turning radius after installing my new lift.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would sell the 37's. No need for them on a beach rig and you are going to have to shell out a lot more $ to make them work over the long run (lift mods, gearing, etc). I would also bet your wife is never going to like the ride height.

Quick Reply: Help with new lift for 37s - any recommendation based on use of vehicle (below)