Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help needed with 2" lift components

Old 12-01-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with 2" lift components

A few weeks ago my Jeep was equipped with 2" Ironman springs and shock absorbers. For some reasons they decided not to change the other elements... In my opinion at least the sway bar links should be replaced also. Anything else? Just want to replace all required parts and forget about it for the next few years)
Old 12-01-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alex Bolotnikov
A few weeks ago my Jeep was equipped with 2" Ironman springs and shock absorbers. For some reasons they decided not to change the other elements... In my opinion at least the sway bar links should be replaced also. Anything else? Just want to replace all required parts and forget about it for the next few years)
I would at least add extended links on the front end. Teraflex makes a nice set of greasable ones. You might want disconnects on them. I don't know which ones of those are the best. Good luck ! Hope you find what you need!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbmoorejr
I would at least add extended links on the front end. Teraflex makes a nice set of greasable ones. You might want disconnects on them. I don't know which ones of those are the best. Good luck ! Hope you find what you need!
i would get extended links for the rear and move the rear to the front cover both for cheap.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
i would get extended links for the rear and move the rear to the front cover both for cheap.
x2 also might want to put some bump stops front and rear and extend brake lines or do brake line relocation brackets. I have a 2" lift and at max flex the rear brake lines were maxed out and at the point of being over stretched. I used a teraflex relocator bracket and gave me enough slack to keep stock brake lines.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Rear Trackbar relocation bracket. Very important as well.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:55 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Rear Trackbar relocation bracket. Very important as well.
axle mount side if you are going to do this.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you very much for your help! It's hard to get any information at our local forums unfortunately...

I guess I'll start with stab links for front and rear. Any suggestions regarding maker? The quality is at the first place of course) The vehicle is already equipped with electronc stab and it's still alive)
Old 12-01-2013, 10:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the sway bar link swap (rear to front, new fronts). As for track bars??? I did a 3.5" lift and installed adj. track bars, which I only needed +.375" longer front and rear. For a 2", prob not necessary. Control arms, not needed either. Once you hit 3", then look to install more to correct geometry.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Spent a few hours searching thru Quadratec... What will be the best among these four variants?

Teraflex
Teraflex 1753010 - TeraFlex Front Swaybar Quick Disconnects for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

JKS
JKS Manufacturing JSPEC1200 - JKS Manufacturing JSPEC™ Front Fixed Length Swaybar Disconnects for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 2-3" Lift - Quadratec

Warrior
Warrior Products 83085 - Warrior Products Sway Bar Disonnects for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 1-3" Lift - Quadratec

Black Diamond
Black Diamond 785129 - Black Diamond Front Sway Bar Quick Disconnects for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 2" Lift - Quadratec
Old 12-02-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I don't know what is the best but I have had both JKS and Tera Flex and JKS are much heavier duty.

Quick Reply: Help needed with 2" lift components