Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP!!! Need advice about Black Rock Wheels!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know what to tell you but I have the same wheel on my 2011 Sport Unlimited with no problem. Mine came from Summit as well. I haven't checked how close the fit is since that wasn't an issue. They are lug-centric so maybe there is enough play in the fit to allow the wheel to touch the caliper until the the lug nuts are properly seated. They should fit.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

UPDATE:

So, this morning I pull out the jack and jackstands and take off my stock wheel/tire. I notice those little metal clips "thingys" that look like lock washers over two of the bolts. I look at the inside of the Black Rock wheels and there is no cut out for them like the stock wheel, so I remove them from the hub. I put the new wheel and tire on and.... it freakin' fits! SO, WTF! I take it off and do it again for no other reason other than I want to make sure I'm not losing it. And once again, it fits. I call Discount and get the same tech I had the day prior who said it didn't fit. I explain to him that the wheel does in fact fit. I put the stocker back on and drive everything back to Discount so they can finish what they started. The only thing the tech could think of was that he did not pull those little washers off when he test fit it and it wouldn't seat right, so since the caliper was so close, he assumed that was the cause.

New wheels and tires mounted and the stock ones will be sold. New set up looks awesome, and I'm really happy with my selection. I'll take some pics once it stops raining.

All is well... except I now feel bad for getting on the poor Summit salesperson who had the misfortune of answering my call yesterday.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pics maybe??? I have the Black Rock 909's 17x8 and have had no issues at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeepjk 008..jpg
Views:	245
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	128766
Old 02-19-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear it all worked out for ya. Did the tire shop compensate you at all for having a wheel tech that didn't know how to put a wheel on a vehicle? Hehe, that's just silly.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

I forgot about those clips. As you found out they need to be removed with aftermarket wheels. They are not needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zeppo
Glad to hear it all worked out for ya. Did the tire shop compensate you at all for having a wheel tech that didn't know how to put a wheel on a vehicle? Hehe, that's just silly.
I'm contemplating writing a letter to their corporate office and seeing what can be done. I was pretty pissed about it at first, but then the more I thought about it the more I realized that other than my time and frustration, it didn't really cost me anything. In the end, I got it done and everything is fine, so I'm not sure what I will do, if anything. I could tell he was pretty embarassed about it.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, sometimes embarassing the shit out of someone is payment enough.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Need advice about Black Rock Wheels!!!