Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with my "new" Dana 30

Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allenw
You know you've been had when you miss the dealer. Thats where its going next for all the dash lights. Here comes another $3K bill.
Getting the lights off the dash is a minor fix, I bet your mech trashed the abs sensors pulling the front axle off and the traction control lights are on because your steering wheel isnt centered. you can center the wheel on your own.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment
Old 04-14-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah ouch

I really could not see myself buying another dana 30... I mean nobody likes the one they have now.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bosox5
I take it the jeep wasnt under warranty, like MK said people give away there front D30s or can be had for 3-500$ full assemblies. The install of the front axle doesnt cost what he charged you, maybe try reasoning with him? sorry to hear this.
Thanks. It wasn't under warranty. It now has 36,400 miles and it has been red-flagged since 28,000 miles. I fought the warranty fight last year but they make it too difficult to resolve (you aren't allowed to talk to the District manager who makes the decision to red-flag).
Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks. It wasn't under warranty. It now has 36,400 miles and it has been red-flagged since 28,000 miles. I fought the warranty fight last year but they make it too difficult to resolve (you aren't allowed to talk to the District manager who makes the decision to red-flag).
If you don't mind me asking, what lead up to the red flag?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F'k that, I bother the hell outta people till I talk to someone in charge. If I don't like what they say, I keep going up.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by u-joint
If you don't mind me asking, what lead up to the red flag?
Not at all. The full story was posted last year so if you are interested just check my posts. Here is the short version:

Got stuck in the mud, spun wheels, ujoint broke. Drove 2 miles through woods to get to a towable spot. Towed to dealer for repair. Repair estimate $5,600 (apparently driving with a missing ujoint completely screws up the axle). Dealer - sorry Mr. West, the District Manager says we can't cover this because jeeps are not made for this abuse and by the way, that 2.5" lift voids your warranty. Me - Can I speak to the District Manager? Dealer - No.

I proceeded up the latter to Chrysler customer support but in the end, jeeps just aren't made to go offroad according to them regardless of the trail rating or what their website shows. I asked if they would like to see the window sticker on the jeep when I bought it that proudly displays "Go Anywhere, Do Anything". They said "you really believe that"? I gave up. It has not left the pavement since.

The mechanic now ripping me off charged $1500 to fix the jeep so I trusted him, until now.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's time to kick a mechanic in the junk, followed by a trip to the dealer, and then a good swift kick to them too
Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
F'k that, I bother the hell outta people till I talk to someone in charge. If I don't like what they say, I keep going up.
I used to do that as well and it often works. I read on this forum awhile back about a member getting the red-flag removed but I don't have that kind of time or patience. I am sure I could have won the fight if I tried just because of the way they adverise the capabilities of the jeep. What kind of balls does it take to have your slogan be "Go Anywhere, Do Anything". Really? Anything?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If more people took time to kick idiots in the balls there would be less stupid off-spring to deal with.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
If more people took time to kick idiots in the balls there would be less stupid off-spring to deal with.
Don't worry about me! I've already been kicked enough over the last year and will be kicked again real soon.

Quick Reply: Help with my "new" Dana 30