Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help Me Stay Dry!

Old 03-11-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Me Stay Dry!

I'm planning on installing my Trektop NX in the next few weeks, weather permitting, and I need a creative solution to a pretty common problem.

I want to run my NX bikini style all summer, using the windows only in the colder temps and winter months. Being that it rains at a moments notice here in New England, I am looking for an idea on how to protect the rear cargo area, and back seats, during downpours.

I have read a ton of threads on this and I would like to get a few of your potential questions answered before you have to ask them.

No, I don't want to rip the carpet and pull the plugs because when it pours sideways here, my daughter is still going to get soaked! As much fun as that sounds to me and her, I can guarantee my wife put the kibosh on that idea right quick.

No, I have no interest in wind jammers or duster covers because I have Safari Straps. I also have no interest in the Bestop cover since it covers the windshield and wont work if I need to drive in the rain.

My only realistic solution seems to be the Pavement Ends Emergency Top. Most of the complaints I've read about it seem to stem from the top of the vehicle, and since I'll still have the NX over the top, that doesn't concern me. It just seems like it would be a great fit for something to use overnights and during sudden downpours.

If anyone has any thoughts or experience with the Pavement Ends Emergency Top or any different solutions that I haven't considered, please let me know. I am desperately trying to avoid having to remove my two roll bar extinguisher mounts and struggle with the NX rear windows every time it rains.

Thanks!

Pavement Ends Emergency Top.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2147978678.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	432783

Same top, non-stock photo.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1158652449.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	432784
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

I keep my rear windows under the rear seat for emergencies? Seems like it would take about the same time and hassle to install either way? I store them in the fold up chair bags so they aren't damaged under the seat. Just my .02.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KY JK
I keep my rear windows under the rear seat for emergencies? Seems like it would take about the same time and hassle to install either way? I store them in the fold up chair bags so they aren't damaged under the seat. Just my .02.
Yeah, I am just trying to avoid having to take my mounted extinguishers on and off every time it rains, and every night. Just looking for a quick summertime fix that will work. Doesn't have to be pretty.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also from Rhode Island, and also run a Trektop

I'm looking for something similar.. I'm considering a tonneau cover to stop prying eyes as well as basic water repelling if I do get caught in motion with said sideways rain.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zpike00eb
I'm also from Rhode Island, and also run a Trektop

I'm looking for something similar.. I'm considering a tonneau cover to stop prying eyes as well as basic water repelling if I do get caught in motion with said sideways rain.
Yeah, tough choice. Nice to hear from a fellow Rhode Islander! If you get a chance, PM me if you have any fun spot to wheel around our area. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Help Me Stay Dry!