Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help me pick the perfect front bumper.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Can't beat this one if you ask me. And it has a cool "W" on it. Warn / Wrangler ?http://www.quadratec.com/products/12122_100_07.htm
I had one on my Sahara, I love the look of it. However, it gets costly when you add the extras to it.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ranjr
It can be ordered powder coated black from Northridge4x4.

Poison Spyder !!!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Forgot to mention. Go to PSC website and look at the Brawler Lite with the Warn 9.5ti or 9.5cti winch. Looks Great.
This was prior to me re-wiring the winch and so forth, but you'll get the idea:

Bad iPhone picture at night, but that's on a stock 2012 Rubicon. Factory fog lights. That's a 15" MBP resting on the passenger-side front wheel, for scale.

Few warnings, re: 2012 - if you get the skid plate, there are two bolts for the skid plate that won't pass the frame front plates. Don't install those before attaching the bumper. I haven't tried adding them after the install, I doubt they are necessary with all the bolts, but it might be possible (I'll get under the Jeep when it stops raining, and try). RE: winch, people say you can use the stock cables, but I needed an extra 1.5 foot of the positive cable to route the power how I wanted. I just took apart the winch and ran my own cable. Others have done it with what comes with the winch, I might have just been frustrated. I have a Warn 9.5 cti-s.

Also, I had to trim the crash bar with a sawzall, a rotary cutting tool would have been easier, but it's a quick job. I was wary of chopping stuff on a brand new vehicle, but it's an easy job and really doesn't take much trimming to make right. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, just pay some shop a small ($50 should do it) fee to spend the 10 minutes doing the little cuts necessary. It took me about 3 minutes to do with a sawzall, would have been 1 minute if it had been a rotary cutting tool. Honestly, you could do it with a Dremel and 30 minutes if you didn't have anything else (get a few good metal cutting wheels).

I'm VERY happy with this bumper (PSC Brawler Lite, with plate gussets and brawler bar). I can't think of anything I'd want different now that I've got it installed, beyond knowing about the bolt/frame-plate issue beforehand. I bought it from Northridge 4x4 based on David's suggestion, and it was squared away - I see why he suggested it. I got it delivered powder coated as you see in the photo, and it's amazing. Same with the skid plate, which completely protects the e-disconnect sway bar.

Also, buy a universal joint if you don't have one. Trust me on this.

Last edited by ormandj; 12-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Excellent information. This is pushing me closer to the PSC. It looks sharp.

Originally Posted by ormandj
This was prior to me re-wiring the winch and so forth, but you'll get the idea:

Bad iPhone picture at night, but that's on a stock 2012 Rubicon.

Few warnings, re: 2012 - if you get the skid plate, there are two bolts for the skid plate that won't pass the frame front plates. Don't install those before attaching the bumper. I haven't tried adding them after the install, I doubt they are necessary with all the bolts, but it might be possible (I'll get under the Jeep when it stops raining, and try). RE: winch, people say you can use the stock cables, but I needed an extra 1.5 foot of the positive cable to route the power how I wanted. I just took apart the winch and ran my own cable. Others have done it with what comes with the winch, I might have just been frustrated. I have a Warn 9.5 cti-s.

Also, I had to trim the crash bar with a sawzall, a rotary cutting tool would have been easier, but it's a quick job. I was wary of chopping stuff on a brand new vehicle, but it's an easy job and really doesn't take much trimming to make right. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, just pay some shop a small ($50 should do it) fee to spend the 10 minutes doing the little cuts necessary. It took me about 3 minutes to do with a sawzall, would have been 1 minute if it had been a rotary cutting tool. Honestly, you could do it with a Dremel and 30 minutes if you didn't have anything else (get a few good metal cutting wheels).

I'm VERY happy with this bumper (PSC Brawler Lite, with plate gussets and brawler bar). I can't think of anything I'd want different now that I've got it installed, beyond knowing about the bolt/frame-plate issue beforehand. I bought it from Northridge 4x4 based on David's suggestion, and it was squared away - I see why he suggested it. I got it delivered powder coated as you see in the photo, and it's amazing. Same with the skid plate, which completely protects the e-disconnect sway bar.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ormandj
Also, buy a universal joint if you don't have one. Trust me on this.
??? What do you mean by "universal joint"? Is this to smoke after the install?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

That's a good looking setup. I will be putting the Warn 9.5cti on my brawler lite.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tactical Bacon
I would love some suggestions regarding a new front bumper for my '12 Sahara JKU

My requirements are pretty straight forward.

1. I would like the new bumper to include hoop/bull bar.
2. Direct fit with basic installation on a 2012.
3. Retain stock foglight capability.
4. Must come painted.
5. NOT an AEV.
6. $900 or less give or take for shipping.
7. Winch capability would be nice but is not mandatory.

Pics are welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Check mine out...it's Hyline full length...it's all that you describe. OEM lights, included winch plate...painted black. $750.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I say check out the m.o.r.e. stubby front bumper. Stock fogs fit. Has tube work and a spot for winch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1881198530.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	252964  
Old 12-22-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kwolf
Attachment 252814Attachment 252815

Comes with winch plate (need countersunk harware). Takes fogs front & rear. Comes powdercoated or gloss black. Bought on Amazon, total cost was right at 1K. Easy install...for mine, no grinding, no relocation of vacuum pump. Obviously not AEV. Will stop an RPG...

^ I like that rear alot, I just wish it had a built in tire carrier.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my ARB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010361.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	253019

Quick Reply: Help me pick the perfect front bumper.