Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help me hide rear pinch seam after body lift

Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anymore than a 1" body lift will look funny. If your talking in the wheel well cut a piece of galvanize aluminum paint it black and screw it in to cover it.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Unless you have something constructive to contribute, how about you STFU ?
Testy, have a
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Could you use the black plastic edging from gardens, cut/shape it to fit the line you want, and screw it in.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LidLess07X

Unless you have something constructive to contribute, how about you STFU ?
It's a public forum so I will say whatever I want. Plus, my answer will fix your issue. Good luck with fixing the big gap around your entire vehicle. Your gonna need it.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clemons

It's a public forum so I will say whatever I want. Plus, my answer will fix your issue. Good luck with fixing the big gap around your entire vehicle. Your gonna need it.
I love this stuff, testosterone is awesome! keep on with the comedy its productive
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like Clemons forgot to fix the gap between his ears!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clemons
You sound like a 2-year-old. Your initial response to a legitimate question was flippant and dismissive. I don't blame the OP for telling you to pound sand. I second that motion.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blatant

You sound like a 2-year-old. Your initial response to a legitimate question was flippant and dismissive. I don't blame the OP for telling you to pound sand. I second that motion.
It was an honest answer and would resolve the ops problem. If you don't like the truth don't ask questions.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to be combative or anything but did you consider removing the body lift and swapping out for some coil spacers to make up the difference. Large body lifts I think look a bit fugly and if cost is a factor I cant see how you will save anything trying to mod around the whole jeep to make it look better then just using a different solution to squeeze out some more room. For me personally I just dont think body lifts are all that safe really. I mean securing my whole jeep to the frame with 3 inch bolts and plastic spacers just doesnt seem all that strong to me. Plus the other clearance issues just make it seem not all that worth it to me. Let us know if you figure out a good solution.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found Performance Accessories makes a product called Gap Guards for the JK. It's basically four new wheel well liners and a piece of trim for under the rear bumper. I will post up the results once installed

I went with a body lift to get the last little bit of room I needed/wanted. When I got my suspension,steering, and ride quality finally dialed-in, I decided I did not want to start messing with it again. The body lift was a good solution.

Quick Reply: Help me hide rear pinch seam after body lift