Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help me find a bumper.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me find a bumper.

I'm looking for a rear bumper with a built in hitch for our mountain bike carrier. I would also like it to have an option to add on a spare tire carrier later down the road and maybe even a cargo system. I don't care if it has the back up lights built in or not. It also needs to have built in recovery points as well.
The trick so far seems to be finding one that has a built in hitch That I like the looks of.
Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Shrockworks, LOD, And High Rock 4X4. With the first two for sure you can add the tire carrier later. Not sure about the High Rock. I'm sure there are others too.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

OMG! Do you how many different kinds of bumpers are out there?? Just start looking.
Also here in the Project-JK section there are good writeups on bumper installs ect..
Old 01-30-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rear bumper

I personally like LOD. I like the looks and it works great. It has a two inch receiver hole and they provide a plate to hook chains to if you decide to tow something. You can add jeep can holders and a rack when you want to. It was a little bit of a wait on ship lead time but well worth the wait. It has lights in it.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Yeah sorry I should have listed some of the ones we were looking at. The rockhard and the LoD are the 2 front runners. I like the look of the rock hard one but know little about them and the latch to release the tire carrier looks a little weak sauce.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Freak

Don't forget the cup holders. They are all the rage now on everything you buy!
Good luck on your search.

Quick Reply: Help me find a bumper.