Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help me engineer my junk!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me engineer my junk!

Here is what I am thinking of adding to my stock 2010 Rubicon.

OME HDX springs and shocks 3" lift
JKS adjustable track bars - front and back
JKS adjustable sway bar links - front and back
Goodyear MT/R Kevlar

Going with this set up will I need anything else or is this a sufficient set-up? What problems or unforseen issues will I have going with this set-up? Do I need to extend my brake lines?

Thanks in advance for your valued input!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

In my humble opinion you will be pushing the limits of your driveshafts with a 3" lift. That is debatable becuase a lot of people have no issues and some tear them up in a couple of thousand miles. I would run them until they have a problem instead of buying them up front. You may not need them and if not you'll save $1,000. If you have an auto you'll need to check the clearance around the tranny pan (with the front axle drooped) to make sure you're not going to tear the boot. 3" with the adjustable trackbar to recenter the axle may be fine. I added rear upper control arms to help correct the rear angle somewhat with my 2" lift and its run great for 25,000 miles. With longer shocks you will need to add extended brake line brackets or longer brake lines. Other than that it looks great to me. Good luck!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Brake line extensions and bumpstops if you are getting 35s. Cut your pinch seam for good measure and you should be set

Quick Reply: Help me engineer my junk!