Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help me decide on tire size

Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dis_dis
That's one sweet looking Jeep sir
Thanks. Mine is a daily driver as well and although I like the idea of 37's it not feasible for my use. As I always say, 35's are perfectly fine for the mall... Seriously, the 35's meet my light to moderate wheeling.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my KM2's 35-12.50-17..
Old 01-09-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fan45acp
I like my KM2's 35-12.50-17..
Very nice

Now I have to decide betw Toyos or KM2s ....
Old 01-10-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
Re-gearing depends on a few things such as how your JK is currently set up, where you live, etc. Re-gearing really is essential for optimal performance, mileage and such, but I'm sure their are plenty of members here who have driven on factory gears. It will definately be worse with an auto than a 6spd. From what I've read if you reprogram your Jk it will help a little till you get gears. If you ask around I'm sure you will find many who didn't re gear first, How doable it is will depnd on how your JK is set up, 3.21s. 3.73s, or 410s? Manual or auto? Do you live in a flat area or alot of mountains/hills? Around town or highway? Etc...
Mine is 3.21 with 5sp auto. So it is not bad co pared with before. But i obviously feel loose of power and torque.

I didn't do much offroad wheeling. Lately i did at death valley, actually it was not bad.

But i still want to do regear and go up to 35'
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dis_dis
Thats kind of where Im leaning right now ... plus I have no idea what would cost me to regear the thing ...
I also live in the DC area, I got my gears done pretty reasonably--300 an axle for labor.

Quick Reply: help me decide on tire size