Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help me decide muffler options!

Old 06-01-2013, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me decide muffler options!

I just removed my Gibson split dual exhaust (for sale) and although i loved the sound and look, I had to go a different route due to not wanting to crush the tips or can offroading. I am not trying to decide what to do with my 2012 JKUR. I currently have a vibrant high flow resonator in place of the factory one and want to keep it to cut down drone unless someone can guarantee a system without any. I was thinking of putting a muffler right after the resonator, removing the stock muffler, and welding on a 45 degree elbow with a slant tip just before the bumper all tucked up. I like the idea of getting a Dynomax muffler due to their guarantees and such. I'm stuck between the VT and the Turbo mufflers. I want it to be tamed at cruising speeds but sound good at green lights and hard accelerations. Back pressure is important for sure because I ran no muffler already and saw the huge sides that came with it. Lets hear some opinions!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-p...-274732/page2/
Old 06-01-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

What drops did you see with no muffler. And you can also look at the flow master series I hear 10 is loud and the 40 and 50 are a bit tamer.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tapp
What drops did you see with no muffler. And you can also look at the flow master series I hear 10 is loud and the 40 and 50 are a bit tamer.
Thanks for the tip. With no muffler I noticed less engine braking and less acceleration. Plus it sounded really crappy outside the jeep
Old 06-01-2013, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

the super turbo muffler on the dynomax is the way to go IMO, im getting mine as soon as I finish saving for my gear install.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a super 44 piped to stock location but tucked high with no resonator and love it
Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 PM
JK Newbie

I also have a super 44 in the stock location and its perfect check out my videos on YouTube just search dylanpeterson88 there is one of the exhaust too
Old 06-02-2013, 02:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried a dynomax turbo in the stock location for a few months and it wasn't bad.some drone around 1500 rpms. Upgraded to the the welded muffler and the sound at start up was awesome however the drone made all the passengers insane.both of those are sitting in my shed and I am waiting on the dynomax vt to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: help me decide muffler options!