Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which 2.5 (ish) lift?
OME Long Travel Kit from Northridge
13.33%
MetalCloak Dual Rate 2.5 kit with OME shocks
60.00%
Rock Krawler Max Travel Kit with OME shocks separate
26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide which 2.5 lift - RK, OME or MC

Old 08-29-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsbmg
But the correct answer is pucks. So to ask the question then discount the answer is a bit odd no?
Not necessarily. My ride greatly improved when I got rid of the pucks and factory coils and shocks.

My xfactor feels great on and offroad. I'm sure the max travel will work fine for you. But it will depend on other factors then just what coil lift kit you go with. Shocks will play a great factor in how well it rides. I've had anything from teraflex to bilstein and now fox. Personally I like the firmer ride of the fox. I also think they rode better with my teraflex coils I used to have. Bilsteins were nice also. Next I will likely try the adjustable rancho 9000s
Old 08-29-2014, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Not necessarily. My ride greatly improved when I got rid of the pucks and factory coils and shocks.

My xfactor feels great on and offroad. I'm sure the max travel will work fine for you. But it will depend on other factors then just what coil lift kit you go with. Shocks will play a great factor in how well it rides. I've had anything from teraflex to bilstein and now fox. Personally I like the firmer ride of the fox. I also think they rode better with my teraflex coils I used to have. Bilsteins were nice also. Next I will likely try the adjustable rancho 9000s
Thanks for the info. I come from the truck world and spacers/pucks are not for me. Although they give lift, they just load the spring and give a crummy harsh ride IMO. i'll gladly pay extra any day for a nice spring and shock combo.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I up graded my lift to the 3.5 MC ARB. I was at 3.5 before, I stayed the same highth.
I love that I made this change.

Quick Reply: Help me decide which 2.5 lift - RK, OME or MC