Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which 2.5 (ish) lift?
OME Long Travel Kit from Northridge
13.33%
MetalCloak Dual Rate 2.5 kit with OME shocks
60.00%
Rock Krawler Max Travel Kit with OME shocks separate
26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide which 2.5 lift - RK, OME or MC

Old 07-11-2014, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a serious dilemma on which 2.5 (ish) kit to go with for my new 14' JKUR. Had a 10' JKU with a basic Rough Country 4" lift and let's just say, I want to do it right this time.

Up for debate:

MetalCloak Dual Rate 2.5 with OME shocks
Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel (with OME shocks separately)

These are all around the same price. My main usage will be on road, not much highway, with wheeling only about once a month on average, maybe a bit more in the summer/fall. Looking for your suggestions and any other components you'd add to your recommendation ie control arms, drive shafts, brake lines, etc.

I've read a ton of threads on these but wanted to hear a latest consensus.

Thanks

Last edited by MarbleheadGuy; 07-11-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a RK 2.5 on the way for mine. I felt it was the best bang for the buck and had tons of positive feedback about it.

Can't really comment on ride quality until I get it put on
Old 07-11-2014, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

I can't help with any if your choices, but if you're mainly road why not toss the AEV 2.5 XT into the mix?

I have said lift with the added Geo brackets and I couldn't be happier. My JKU is fully outfitted and the ride is superb. Much stiffer than factory which got rid of the boat like ride but not bone jarring at all. The biggest challenge of the install was the front passenger shock, the rest was easy. I liked not having to spend a ton more money on driveshafts and new control arms. Just an idea, good luck!

Last edited by Tripletsi; 07-11-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

I know it wasn't one of your options, but I just pulled the trigger on an AEV 2.5 kit from Northridge. I did a lot of research on lifts and this kit was the one I felt most comfortable with. Add-ons if you will are front sway bar links instead of the brackets they provide, and a front adjustable track bar to recenter the front axle, from Zone suspension products. And the Geo-correction brackets. Just waiting on UPS and installation...

John
Old 07-11-2014, 11:23 AM
JK Junkie

I've got the 2.5" xfactor and love it. Great n highway and great offroad.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

I have the AEV 2.5 and if I could redo it I'd do MC or RK. I don't think either of those are all that much worse than the AEV onroad, but after seeing RK in action I was impressed. Plus AEV has left a bad taste in my mouth after a certain dealing with one of their dealers.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:45 AM
BCT
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LV Naturist
I know it wasn't one of your options, but I just pulled the trigger on an AEV 2.5 kit from Northridge. I did a lot of research on lifts and this kit was the one I felt most comfortable with. Add-ons if you will are front sway bar links instead of the brackets they provide, and a front adjustable track bar to recenter the front axle, from Zone suspension products. And the Geo-correction brackets. Just waiting on UPS and installation... John
I have the AEV 2.5 with Geo Brackets and installed adjustable front track bar and swapped the sway bar link brackets with OEM rears. Very happy with the setup.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-11-2014, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LV Naturist
Add-ons if you will are front sway bar links instead of the brackets they provide

John
FYI I wouldn't worry about new front sway bar links with the AEV Kit since you have a Rubicon won't be manually disconnecting.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 07-11-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Having a serious dilemma on which 2.5 (ish) kit to go with for my new 14' JKUR. Had a 10' JKU with a basic Rough Country 4" lift and let's just say, I want to do it right this time.

Up for debate:

MetalCloak Dual Rate 2.5 with OME shocks
Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel (with OME shocks separately)

These are all around the same price. My main usage will be on road, not much highway, with wheeling only about once a month on average, maybe a bit in the summer/fall. Looking for your suggestions and any other components you'd add to your recommendation ie control arms, drive shafts, brake lines, etc.

I've read a ton of threads on these but wanted to hear a latest consensus.

Thanks
What size tires are you looking to run
Old 07-11-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on rk, I love mine.

Quick Reply: Help me decide which 2.5 lift - RK, OME or MC