Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help me choose my 3" lift kit

Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help me choose my 3" lift kit

Well the mod bug has bit me already and I don't even have 1k miles on the odometer yet. Looking at getting a 3" lift and running the stock 32" BFG M/Ts till I get the funds for some 35" tires. I've gotten it narrowed down to these three.

1. Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex kit
h ttp://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep/JK/4d/Product.aspx?part=RE7143

I really like the price on this one. Northridge has it on their site but when I click on it it says try a different product or something like that. I had a RE 5.5" LA on my '04 TJ and loved it. Great products IMO.

2. Full Traction 3" lift kits
-Premium 3" http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7123 Good price, cheaper than the RE 3.5".
-Ultimate 3" http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7133 Double adj upper and lower control arms, def a better kit but slightly above what I was looking to spend. Will consider it if it's worth the extra dough.

3. Teraflex 3" http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...th-shocks.html I've read good info on Teraflex products but never knew anyone who used it. Kinda VERY pricey since it says I'll have to get arms too, which aren't cheap either, though it does come with shocks.

What does everyone recommend? Anyone have a good 3" lift installed they can recommend? Or would I be better off going with a 2.5" BB? Not alot of big rocks here on the east coast but I do want a very capable suspension that I won't have to upgrade a year from now. This Jeep is my daily driver and will see trail use on weekends so I want a good system that will give the most articulation w/o having to go to a long arm system. Kinda on a budget too. $1500 +/- about $100 is what I was looking at spending on just a lift w/o shocks. The FT premium and RE 3.5" are both right there and well priced in my range. What does everyone recommend? Thanks for any help.

I just came across this in the write-ups section. http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up How would a setup like this perform for a daily driven Jeep that I'd wheel on the weekends?

I've been away from Jeeps for a long time and am VERY new to the JK so any help or tips would be great!

Last edited by highoctane; 02-09-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot reccomend it, cause I have no idea if it is going to rock or suck. But I just bought a 3" Teraflex kit from Northridge. I didn't get the entire set of "flex arms" Just the front lowers, and rear uppers. I also swapped the sway bar links for discos and added adj. control arms front and rear. I will add the front uppers and rear lowers later on as money allows. Oh, I also am going to use the OME long travel shocks with it. I will let you know how the ride is when I get it in/installed.

The Full traction ultimate is a great deal too IMO. their stuff is deff worth the cash, it is made super heavy duty.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I cannot reccomend it, cause I have no idea if it is going to rock or suck. But I just bought a 3" Teraflex kit from Northridge. I didn't get the entire set of "flex arms" Just the front lowers, and rear uppers. I also swapped the sway bar links for discos and added adj. control arms front and rear. I will add the front uppers and rear lowers later on as money allows. Oh, I also am going to use the OME long travel shocks with it. I will let you know how the ride is when I get it in/installed.

The Full traction ultimate is a great deal too IMO. their stuff is deff worth the cash, it is made super heavy duty.
One thing that didn't make sense to me with the Teraflex stuff is the fact the 3" long arm lifts are CHEAPER than the 3" flex arm and 3" full flex lifts. I looked at them but no way I can pay $3800 for a short arm 3" lift, when the long arm is $1k cheaper. I've read great things about the OME shocks. I had them on my '89 Range Rover with OME HD springs. You have a link to the kit you bought?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by planman
I would talk to Dave at Northridge about his pieced together long-travel kit, modified to include all 8 Currie adjustable control arms.

Here is a link to his thread on the kit:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/ome-jk-long-travel-suspension-lift-details-inside-67476/
I'll have to strongly consider that kit as well.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by highoctane
One thing that didn't make sense to me with the Teraflex stuff is the fact the 3" long arm lifts are CHEAPER than the 3" flex arm and 3" full flex lifts. I looked at them but no way I can pay $3800 for a short arm 3" lift, when the long arm is $1k cheaper. I've read great things about the OME shocks. I had them on my '89 Range Rover with OME HD springs. You have a link to the kit you bought?

$3800??? call David, it isn't that much cash.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
$3800??? call David, it isn't that much cash.
Yeah that price is from the teraflex site.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rough Country is running their Complete 4" kit with arms for $859.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by G.I.JOE¤MFA¤
Rock Krawler has a few 3.5 lifts. Even a 2" long arm coil over (adjustable from 1.5"- 2.5")

http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/cat....php?r_cat=107 or rockkrawler.com and browse to their JK part

prices range from $899.00 to $4299.00 (5.5" stretch long arm 2dr only)
They have some nice stuff. I'll have to search and see what I can find out about them. I like their 3.5" mid arm system.

Quick Reply: Help me choose my 3" lift kit