Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help me with a bumper/winch combo????

Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help me with a bumper/winch combo????

hey guys,

well i wanna take the plunge for a bumper/winch combo. my budget is about $1500.
i have the rugged ridge rear bumper and considered the modular bumper for the front but i havent really seen any "real world" pics of it. i dont want a bumper that has alot going on in the front, more of a simple look. i like the olympic bumper with the hitch reciever up front but dont know if you can mount a winch on it or not. http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...5&partID=44856 does anyone have either of these and can offer pics and opinions on them? now to the winch, im not trying to break the bank on the best winch on the martket, i just need something that i can use during moderate off-roading in case i get stuck. maybe thhttp://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=1041&plID=10130&partID=52799is one..... lets hear some input from the experts on here!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a MORE rock proof front bumper and XRC-10 winch, I know its not what you asked for but its in the price range your looking at. Its a simple but strong bumper. The light tabs don't come with the bumper I added those myself. If I had it to do over the only thing I would change is to get the synthetic line not the steel cable.

Last edited by hansen65; 08-15-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

forgot to mention that the bumper has to retain the factory fog lights, i cant drive at night without them now that im used to it!!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default aev

with a budget like that i wouldnt hesitate to get the best, aev front bumper is by far the best peice of metal you can put on your JEEP. a $200 winch is pretty cheap but maybe save up a few more pennies? i just love the look of aev products
EDIT:
just read the part where you said simple. the best looking simple setup in my opinion is the purejeep bare bonez but it doesnt include factory fog lights. Lod also makes really clean stubby, mid width, and full width bumpers all with factory fog lights http://lodoffroad.com/ in your situation i would opt for the Lod

Last edited by Smerny; 08-15-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the XHD modular with standard hoop and XRC8 with synth rope. A great value IMO and reuses the factory lights and has beefy tow hoops. Got it for $327 shipped.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default Aberle

I have the Aberle front bumper, probably the best purchase I made for my jeep. It is very strong, but light so it doesn't weigh down the front end.

http://aberleoffroad.com/jk_bumpers.html
Old 08-15-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09Jeep4X
I have the Aberle front bumper, probably the best purchase I made for my jeep. It is very strong, but light so it doesn't weigh down the front end.

http://aberleoffroad.com/jk_bumpers.html
if you dont mind me asking, how much was this?
got any pics with yours?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

I ordered with bumper from quadratec. Its made by rockhard. http://www.quadratec.com/products/12065_1002.htm

It also has light tabs on the top of the bar... I like it because its a "stubby" but completes the lines with the tubes.

I have not added the winch yet, its still sitting in the garage waiting for a little cooler weekend....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	new bumper 1..jpg
Views:	151
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	82078   Click image for larger version

Name:	new bumper 2..jpg
Views:	165
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	82079  
Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Aberle

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
if you dont mind me asking, how much was this?
got any pics with yours?
I think when I purchased the bumper I got it on special for just under $700.00. The only pic I have was taken several months ago, not the best pic and I have done some changes to the JK since.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

hmmmmm lod mid-width is definately in the mix now!!! thanks!! i really like the olympic bumper, clean simple look, if only i knew i could custom put a winch into it

Quick Reply: help me with a bumper/winch combo????