Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help me

Old 07-28-2013, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a grove that the spring goes into. Both springs are fully turned into that groove.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would remove both springs and measure them. If they are the same then try swapping them side to side and see if the inch moves. Also you don't have an isolator or spacer installed on only one side do you?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just completely took apart the front end again. The springs are the exact same length. Both isolator are installed and the springs are seated correctly.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

It looks like your axle is pulled too far to the drivers side. If you have an adjustable track bar, lengthen it. If you don't, you'll need to get one. I'm not 100% sure this will solve your problem, but something could be twisted up with the axle being off enter like that. Regardless if it levels you out, you're going to need to center it up anyway.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcharge74
It looks like your axle is pulled too far to the drivers side. If you have an adjustable track bar, lengthen it. If you don't, you'll need to get one. I'm not 100% sure this will solve your problem, but something could be twisted up with the axle being off enter like that. Regardless if it levels you out, you're going to need to center it up anyway.
I agree. Looking at the upper bump stops in relation to the coils it looks like the axle is pushed far to the driver side. Also make sure the tail of the springs are both seated into the divot on the axle.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sway bar links don't look right

The sway bar links don't look right to me in the picture, one is straight up and down and the other is at an angle.
There is a correct way to install them, you may have to rotate one (looking from the top or through the engine, you may have to rotate one 180 degrees) so the geometry is correct.
The sway bar links ends are not straight or inline with the rod and there is only one correct way they should go on, they can easily be installed wrong. Check your directions.
I am not sure that this alone is going to give you back the 1" difference but you should correct it.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes my axel is pushed to far to the drivers side, about 1 inch. My next purchase will be an adjustable track bar. I don't think this will cause an extra one inch of lift on the drivers side.

The spring is seated correctly.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Just to make sure, disconnect the track bar and see what happens. Did you switch the coils to see if the 1 inch lift switches sides? Could just be a weak spring. Doesn't seem likely but you never know.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would contact mfg and ask them to send you a new set of front spring.You may have to also put on an adjustable track bar to fix your problem.They work well i had an issue with death wobble and with the track bar got everything back in place and took care of the issue.
I still say it the driver side spring weaker if you look at the picture it looks like the spring is almost resting against the side of the bump stop.Which tells me the axle has moved over due to the spring height.
Three things you can try:
1.Swap springs over see if the lean go's over to the other side then it's (telling me that it's a weak spring).
2.Get a another set of front spring and if it still does it you need option 3.
3.Adjustable track bar this will bring you axle back over and straighten everything up and then it should sit level.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered a front adjustable track bar last night, should be here in a few days. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Quick Reply: Help me