Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help make me decision

Old 11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help make me decision

should i get either 1)the TF leveling kit and BFG A/T 275 70 18 or
get 2) the teraflex 1 inch front coil spring spacers with Firestone M/T?? any advice?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Personally, I don't think that starting multiple threads with the same question will help any more than a single thread.

Do you want an AT or a MT? Do you want to level? Or do you want to lift & level? Decide that, and go from there. (my opinion, if you are ripping the front apart, you may as well do the rear at the same time, and MT's look better than AT's...)

But before you get over-whelmed with about a thousand different opinions, open up the FAQ's at the top of this modified area and do some reading. Look into Wheel Backspacing, and wouldn't hurt to read about Caster and Re-gearing, even though you aren't going very high or big.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Personally, I don't think that starting multiple threads with the same question will help any more than a single thread.

Do you want an AT or a MT? Do you want to level? Or do you want to lift & level? Decide that, and go from there. (my opinion, if you are ripping the front apart, you may as well do the rear at the same time, and MT's look better than AT's...)

But before you get over-whelmed with about a thousand different opinions, open up the FAQ's at the top of this modified area and do some reading. Look into Wheel Backspacing, and wouldn't hurt to read about Caster and Re-gearing, even though you aren't going very high or big.
not really same question.. was simply trying to see what others thought of the two set ups. since there is some price difference
Old 11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by skipp22
should i get either 1)the TF leveling kit and BFG A/T 275 70 18 or
get 2) the teraflex 1 inch front coil spring spacers with Firestone M/T?? any advice?
Well (nthinuf) said it all... But why do you want to level your jeep? If you do, when you load up the back with stuff, then it will be sagging... I never understood why people want it level. With my rescue gear and ivce chest in mine, it sits pretty level...

As far as spacers. Why not just to the TF 2.5 coil spring lift? At least on my 4dr rubi. I didn't have to change drive lines and it drovve great! I know it cost more, but if your really into getting off road, its a better option.. IMHO...

But then,, read all the stuff (nthinuf) suggested and search for more info.... Good Luck and remeber,,,,,,, its only money,,,,,,,

Quick Reply: help make me decision