Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help! Major JK Death-wobble with TeraFlex 3" Lift

Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orfanidisnikolaos
The only solution for the flightly steering is setting your caster back to factory specs after a lift, only by using front lower adjustable control arms.
The instructions with a Teraflex lift includes this fix. And Teraflex will tell you it is for flighty steering and has nothing to do with death wobble.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only solution for the flightly steering is setting your caster back to factory specs after a lift, only by using front lower adjustable control arms.
Sorry but with a 3" TeraFlex kit, the caster should be set at 4.0-4.5 degrees of caster.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverJK12
Balance your tires. Sounds like that is the problem to me. Certain speed causing it def check balance
Good suggestion, make sure that you get a static balance done. Or just bring your JK down to TeraFlex.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Sorry but with a 3" TeraFlex kit, the caster should be set at 4.0-4.5 degrees of caster.
Isn't +4.2 degrees the stock JK caster? And btw at 3inches of lift does teraflex reccomemd front lower adjustable control arms?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I replaced my stock ball joints at about 25000 miles.
My death wobble was caused by my ball joints being worn out. They had almost exactly 25,000 miles on them. I would check them first, my death wobble was at the same speeds you're seeing yours at as well. If you have a nice HD track bar in there, it's most likely the ball joints IMO. I replaced my track bar and it made it better, but it was still happening, then got even worse, then I replaced the ball joints and now it's perfect.

Hope this helps,
Vinny

Quick Reply: Help! Major JK Death-wobble with TeraFlex 3" Lift