Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!!! - Long Arm vs. Short Arm Lift....

Old 11-19-2018, 06:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtempleton
So what is your ideal lift? Looking for 35” tires, but I don’t want to rub when I’m off road
You might want to start a new thread to get some opinions. Honestly, 2.5" lift and 35s is a nice look and it's going to take you just about anywhere. Keep in mind that you'd probably net more than the stated 2.5" of actual lift. You should plan on replacing drive shafts, correcting caster, and thinking about some upgraded steering components along the way if you're going to get in to anything more than light offroading. You'll be looking for a wheel with 4.5" BS for a 35, or else you'll need to run a spacer.

That's just my opinion, but I think you'll find many that generally agree. Check out Dirtman's sticky at the top of the modified section for some good info.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

an interesting question. I too was looking for it

Last edited by barongan; 11-21-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Help!!! - Long Arm vs. Short Arm Lift....