Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!!! - Long Arm vs. Short Arm Lift....

Old 07-31-2008, 06:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyG
Can someone tell me the difference and where or why a long arm would be better? Theres a substantial price difference between the two so I want to know the benefits of spending the extra $$$
Give me a call and I'll do my best to help you out!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Give me a call and I'll do my best to help you out!
How come for the 3 inch LCG lift it says driveshaft modification recomended but on the 4-6 inch models it states driveshaft modification is required. What is the hazard with a 3 inch lift, I thought clearance was okay on 3 inchers......
Old 07-31-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't order a teraflex!!! You'll be sorry!! I bought the 4" kit when it first came out and uninstalled a few months later....
Old 07-31-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freshjk
Don't order a teraflex!!! You'll be sorry!! I bought the 4" kit when it first came out and uninstalled a few months later....
Whats wrong with TF? I thought they were one of the best and I was really leaning towards them.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a lot of people have different opinions about lifts. I too have the sport francho lift, and I think is great all around, it works a lot like a long arm lift, you get great flex at a very good price. but I don't want to confuse you anymore, as I can tell you're already confused.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by freshjk
Care to explain? We've had very few returns on kits. So I'm very curious as to why you choosed to remove yours.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Care to explain? We've had very few returns on kits. So I'm very curious as to why you choosed to remove yours.
+1. I would like to know as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by style_front
How come for the 3 inch LCG lift it says driveshaft modification recomended but on the 4-6 inch models it states driveshaft modification is required. What is the hazard with a 3 inch lift, I thought clearance was okay on 3 inchers......
The front driveshafts on a auto JK have very little clearance with the front crossmember with a 3"+ kit. The factory driveshafts were designed to run flat and not at lift angles. Several JK owners have ran stock shafts for several thousand miles, while others have broken/worn theirs out in a shorter distance. So it's better to replace ahead of time then to have the shafts go out on the trail in the middle of nowhere.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Yeah im curious too. My buddy has a 4 inch teraflex suspension with control arms and it drives so much better than my full traction ultimate and thats with 37 inch krawlers too.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is the rancho sport lift. here you can tell there's an extension on the lower front arm.

Quick Reply: Help!!! - Long Arm vs. Short Arm Lift....