Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help lifting my jeep!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help lifting my jeep!

I have a jeep wrangler sport unlimited 2012 I want to lift it up like 3in but I'm not sure what to buy and where to do it I live in miami fl please help! I'm looking for something economic and good please!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keeping it under 3" will require the least amount of mods. You could go cheap with a Budget Boost lift( coil spacers), for a little more money you can get new spring and shock and greatly improve the ride and fit 35's easily. Many companies out there, just find one that fits your budget. You'll never hear anything bad about Teraflex or RockKrawler on here. AEV and Rough Country seem pretty popular too. Skyjacker and Rancho seem to be the cheaper solutions.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a very broad question with 100 possible answers. To start, what size tire are you wanting to run, what type of wheeling (if any) do you plan on doing, and what's your budget. My advice is to start researching around the site, there's a ton of good info out there about every lift kit, just requires some reading on your part. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd say tell us what you plan on doing with this jeep, what size tire do you want? What will you use your jeep for? How much in/off road use? Like the person above me stated keeping it to around 2-2.5" would be you best bet if your trying to "save" on mpg loss.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by afpilot82
That's a very broad question with 100 possible answers. To start, what size tire are you wanting to run, what type of wheeling (if any) do you plan on doing, and what's your budget. My advice is to start researching around the site, there's a ton of good info out there about every lift kit, just requires some reading on your part. Good luck!
Whoops! Said basically the same thing but your post wasn't there yet lol.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jks jspec 2" would probably do you good. Check it out. I'm installing the lift this weekend on my Jeep. Installed it on a buddies two weeks ago... Nice lift, nothing fancy.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Eddy1923
I have a jeep wrangler sport unlimited 2012 I want to lift it up like 3in but I'm not sure what to buy and where to do it I live in miami fl please help! I'm looking for something economic and good please!!
As it's been said, what do you plan on using your Jeep for? Will you be doing some weekend wheeling while using it to get to work during the week, or will it be just for the street? What size tires are you looking to run? This will help us guiding you in the right direction with your build.

If you are looking at some wheeling on the weekend, a 2.5"-3" lift and a set of 35's would be ideal. It will get you the clearance to run those trails on the weekend and give you the aggressive look every Jeep owner wants. If you want to do more on-road driving a smaller 2" Budget Boost (BB) will get you room to run some 33's which are perfect for street driving with the occasional logging road or camping trip.

We offer a full line of great quality Lift Kits for every budget and build style

If you have any other questions please shoot me a PM and I can help you out.

-Zach
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pick the tires and size you want to run then pick your lift... you need a little lift to run 35's but can run 33's stock or with a minimal leveling kit. The cost of 35's is much higher than 33's so pick your tires and size and then decide how much and what lift you want.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Eddy1923
If you are looking for economic you should stay at 33's
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

You can easily do a 3" spacer lift with new shocks, wheels and tires for less than $3k. It's a pretty simple install that you really can do yourself. If you decide to upgrade later to a true suspension lift, you can sell off the spacer lift components and recoup some of the money.

Quick Reply: Help lifting my jeep!